Random Prelims Thoughts

Just a few prelims thoughts. I didn't get to see everyone because of my own performance and "helping" out at the souvie stand.

Reading- total package, what else can you say?

Empire- first time I've ever seen this corps, lots of entertainment, fun music.

Cabs- another tasty show.

MBI- wow, very nice, nice clean sound.

Hurricanes- One of my favorite shows of the year. Great job.

Bush- great guard.

Brigs- much improved from Chambersburg.

Renegades- first time I've ever seen this corps too, cool show. The necklace things were a nice touch on the uniform.

CorpsVets- didn't see you perform at prelims, but I saw this show several times during the regular season- good stuff!

Crusaders- played some of my favorite drum corps music- Russian Christmas Music and Great Gate of Kiev. Neat show.

MCL- I thought they should have been in finals. No disrespect to the corps that did make finals, but I thought this show should have been higher. This is my favorite show of the year.

Kilties- I was surprised at the score. I'm not sure that some of the Class A corps should have topped them at prelims. The people sitting behind me were eating this show up! Good performance.

Alliance- first time I've seen them from the stands- good job. Excellent percussion.

Those are all the corps I saw from the stands. I didn't exactly have premier seating, but I got a good show.

Random comments:

The drum majors from MCL and Renegades were basically wearing the same thing. They each also did a dramatic removal of their overcoats to start their show.

There was a booth selling Calzones by the main gate. Umm..they were amazing. :tongue:

Thanks to all the folks who were in the stands right at the start of the show!

There were some cool folks from GCS seated near me in the stands. Safe travels to you guys, stay dry!

Thats' all. Thanks Rochester for being a good host.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One way conversation to my wife at Prelims:

MCL....."those are "G" horns dear.....that's why it sounds like that....get's your attention doesn't it....?"

Fusion Corps'......"watch out for these guys honey...tight, clean, great balance, All energy.. no dead air, only their second year.....amazing..."

MBI......" WOW mother.......holy ####.....gunna be a big surprise this year...bet nobody ever expected this.... I say mid 90's easy...."

Edited by melligene

There were some cool folks from GCS seated near me in the stands. Safe travels to you guys, stay dry!

Thanks for the well wishes. All of the corps is home safe other than the 3 of us pulling the equipment trailer and one drummer who lives in New Orleans. He ended up flying to Orlando and will be staying there for a few days. We are in Nashville now and will be pulling out early in the morning to arrive home tomorrow night.

Next time say hi so that we at least know who you are.

Yes, the G horns make such a difference. You just don't get the same trademark drum corps sound on Bb. It's a beautiful thing!

That's why "we" need to get MCL into Finals - Only Renegades and Statesmen left on G in the Top 10.

....CorpsVets.....

You guys are still "G"? Cool.

I thought I had heard differently. Sorry 'bout that one.

I am almost positive that MCL plays Bb/F horns Gene.

I guess there goes another theory popper.

DA

I am almost positive that MCL plays Bb/F horns Gene.

I guess there goes another theory popper.

DA

I thought Brent Unger started MCL out on G, did they switch to Bb/F this season? They had to be G up until then or Ed wouldn't had marched with them :innocent: