Need help-------Legal or not legal

OK fans the title says it all. I don't want opinions of what the rule should be, I want to know if the Cabs, Empire and/or the hurricanes got a penality (or not) for playing their "streetbeat" when they came on the field for prelims. They played, they marched to their spot and then they "warmed up"

This is worth 1 beer at Patrick's next Aug.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No penalty:

When the chief judge indicates he is ready you come on. Street beat if you want.

You have 6 minutes and must be ready to start. During the 6 minutes you have the right to do a ONE minute warm up.

If you were to interfere in anyway with the Corps leaving well then a penalty might come.

Hope this helps, Glenn is in charge of rules he might explain it better than I did.

Please keep the streat beats coming on the field...it is a tradition unlike DCI.

I can vividly remember Cabs, Hurcs, Yankee Rebels and Skyliners, et al. coming out from under Aquinas Stdium with arms swinging and ready to take the field like a storm.

The corps that still do it remember that tradition!!! And they still have close to the same cadences...although embellished to modern day styles that they had in the 60's and 70's...Empire since the 80's of course.

Donny

Edited by donnymusic

I can only reply to the Alumni show.

If we play to long we get penalized in $$$. But going OFF the field to the Street Beat is one of the best parts of the show for the DL. MSJ still plays the same street beat from the 60' jr. corps and the people still love it. It's such a rush having them stand and clap to the beat as we leave the field. But every year we're told 'not sure if you can do it' cause we have to run off the field as to not get the dreaded $$$ penalty.

I realize this is a bit off the original post but just had to say something about it. Keep the street beat alive...............

This is great!

Rap 48 I O U A beer (here you go :innocent:) Also O U 1 @ Pats or send bill and pretend you were @ Pats

mikietuba, since you were second, but still relavent, I extend the same 2 U as well ( :blink: )

and to Joe and Donny, come find me and we will split 1 :blink:

We were asking the same thing in the stands. We were under the impression from some information that was sent out earlier in the season that you had 1 minute period and that the timing started with the first note.

DCA has always had the long standing tradition of the corps'playing their street beat onto the field. DM gives the command... battery gives 4SLAMS ..Corps does a BATTLE CRY! and off you go.... chills just thinking of playing Downfall onto the field with Hurcs, and a few years later w/ Heat Wave marching onto the field to Silicone Jill ... then later Debbie Double D, (Jills younger sister! :) )

Your timing starts for the OVERALL time was you step onto the field, or your cadence starts. I believe you have 3 minutes to get on, warm up then start your show. The warm up time is started at the first note of "warm up" ..thats why the T&P person has 2 watches.

And off the field was always a tap .. cadence only when trooping the stands.. then the CJudge will tell the oncoming corps to pick up the corps that is leaving cadence to march onto...

good question/.. and as always... Chief Judge discretion and Show Sponsor!

Edited by DCASouth