Tenor Player...

Biggie

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, god bless you being 38. I had enough problems marching tenors at Bush this year being 28. The tenors were pretty #### heavy to me when I first put them on in March. I couldn't make it through a NYC parade, nor a few Memorial Day Parades (I had to flip them up, or almost started puking) I actually ended up having to take them home and track aroung the local high school track to build up the endurance. Once the summer hit though, I was fine. The last time I had marched tenors was back in the late 90's with the Raiders when I was 18. 10 years made a big difference for me LOL

Tenors? OMG!

And people thought CONTRAS were heavy...............Anyone who thinks a contra is heavy obviously never wore a set of Tenors before!

No, I don't have a contestant for you...........just wanted to illustrate to the public at large that carrying a set of tenors is no laughing matter!!!!

What can I say? Us tenor players are a tad bit insane. Gord definitely held his own out there. I remember him trying out for the tenor line back in '01 or '02. Unfortunately his back said no. This year he told his back who's the boss!

By the end of the 2005 season, I was in killer pain myself and I was only 22 at the end of that summer. Mind you, I started marching real early. I don't know if it was a combination of adjusting to the new harnesses and slightly deeper heavier drums, or the pavement we rehearsed on EVERY YEAR AT FINALS from 2002 - 2005.

I'm wondering how they'll hold up this year??? Hmmmmm

I know that you are looking for this year, BUT when I marched Madison Alumni in 06 our 8 quads had ages of...

1) 28

2) 46

3) 42

4) 44

5) 38

6) 39

7) 24

8) 49

Although we did not move a whole bunch, we did carry them all day. But we did make them as light as possible, no 6" :bigsmile: , and the funny part was watching Gerno, because he aged out on triples.

Edited by John Mayer