DCA Scoring System

and remember, tics could be just as subjective as what we have today

Totally.

Remember, if a judge REALLY wants to put the screws to you, all they have to do is pick out a "leaker" and follow them around all show, and then.............well................

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't we just have a tic system conversation like a month ago and how it wouldn't work today? :bigsmile:

Ed? Jeff? Rich?

:fight:

bottom line

current system works

old system DID NOT work

and before you argue with me... put up those credentials... I used the tick system... I taught the tick system... I evaluated the success of the tick system... I helped eliminate the tick system... it was loaded with pitfalls and problems... and generally led to incompetence and errors

Maybe we should go back to inspection.

I have ticks..........sometimes even fleas

Joe

Maybe we should go back to inspection.

I should have known the inclusion of the word tic would set peoples hair on fire. This was really about just being surprised at all the machinations a judges evaluation has to go through to be smashed or crammed in to a caption category.

The idea that I would rank a corps at a certain level then my score would be multiplied by .375 and then divided by 10 is just kind of wacky. The reason I mentioned the tic system (not to start a debate about bringing it back) was just that the logic was more straightforward.

I'm fine with the math. Its the philosophy I dont get.

To HornsUp, dont worry man they have computers at the bank for all the tough calculations.

I should have known the inclusion of the word tic would set peoples hair on fire. This was really about just being surprised at all the machinations a judges evaluation has to go through to be smashed or crammed in to a caption category.

The idea that I would rank a corps at a certain level then my score would be multiplied by .375 and then divided by 10 is just kind of wacky. The reason I mentioned the tic system (not to start a debate about bringing it back) was just that the logic was more straightforward.

I'm fine with the math. Its the philosophy I dont get.

The philosophy is nothing more or less than just normalizing and weighting scores. That's about it, really.

Nothing particularly wacky about it. The logic of the tick system and this system are pretty much identical, really.