DCA Scoring System

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bottom line

current system works

old system DID NOT work

and before you argue with me... put up those credentials... I used the tick system... I taught the tick system... I evaluated the success of the tick system... I helped eliminate the tick system... it was loaded with pitfalls and problems... and generally led to incompetence and errors

:bigsmile: I feel a tic coming on.

Exactly. It would seem to me that this system also eliminates the effect of any one judge's scores on the final outcome.

Judging on the conversations Ive read for the past few days and months, I think you might get an argument on that one.

Use the old applause meter. Save money on judging....................
Amen brother...I have been advocating the "clap show" concept for awhile now on these boards. With the clap show, Empire would be undefeated and Tom Da Bomb would be one happy camper!! OR hows about we give everyone a simple ranking such as Superior, Excellent or Good. This way EVERYONE goes home a whiner.... Edited by VOReason

Amen brother...I have been advocating the "clap show" concept for awhile now on these boards. With the clap show, Empire would be undefeated and Tom Da Bomb would be one happy camper!! OR hows about we give everyone a simple ranking such as Superior, Excellent or Good. This way EVERYONE goes home a Whiner....

Who needs the scores at all? I never heard a score announced on an Alumni DVD (and hopefully never will). Perhaps that is why they let it all hang out and leave nothing on the field. Who knows, maybe corps would take larger risks to please the crowd......

Just keep the accordions, clarinets, and saxophones OFF the field. I check out the mummers' website for my fix of that. And, thanks to Public Television, I even get to see a great performance from Jimmy Sturr every year.

I can't wait until my DVDs come....... if I even look at the replay of the scores, it will only be to see the happy MBI faces..... otherwise, "the play's the thing."

Joe

Judging on the conversations Ive read for the past few days and months, I think you might get an argument on that one.

given all of the averaging needed, i will disagree

If the system is "flawed" and the judges are biased when you lose, what are they when you win?

Some day I hope to find out.

If the system is "flawed" and the judges are biased when you lose, what are they when you win?

Extremely talented and intelligent professionals that were able to overcome a severely-flawed system in order to give the winning corps the credit they deserve. :thumbup: