The one bad thing about Rochester Stadium

whoa.... horsey....

not in any way official permission to do anything...

Lee knows who to talk to...

I know..just a weee bit of ribbing there. :thumbs-up:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Scott was trying to do that 15 years ago. He finally gave up.

Donny

And to echo Fran's sentiments, you will not find a better mini-corps venue. Standing in a dark ski area trying to see really sucked, and it couldn't have been much fun performing there either (Crunchy Frogs excepted).

actually, I preferred playing on the competition field under the lights 2005.......

actually, I preferred playing on the competition field under the lights 2005.......

I had forgotten that one...that was pretty good, but if it had been raining it would have ruined that.

I had forgotten that one...that was pretty good, but if it had been raining it would have ruined that.

So they put in the luxury suites, make the needed upgrades, SAAAWEET!!!!or SUUU-WEET as the case might be.

Mayor Robert Duffy wants the city to front the $300,000 needed to design remaining work needed to complete PAETEC Park stadium.

Duffy sent City Council emergency legislation this week seeking its approval. Officials should act now, he contends, so 18 luxury suites and other amenities can be finished in time for the 2009 season.

The city would be reimbursed by a $4 million state grant, which is committed but has yet to arrive.

Council members meet in committee on Thursday, and could authorize the contract with HOK Sports Facilities Architects of Kansas City,

So they put in the luxury suites, make the needed upgrades, SAAAWEET!!!!or SUUU-WEET as the case might be.

Mayor Robert Duffy wants the city to front the $300,000 needed to design remaining work needed to complete PAETEC Park stadium.

Duffy sent City Council emergency legislation this week seeking its approval. Officials should act now, he contends, so 18 luxury suites and other amenities can be finished in time for the 2009 season.

The city would be reimbursed by a $4 million state grant, which is committed but has yet to arrive.

Council members meet in committee on Thursday, and could authorize the contract with HOK Sports Facilities Architects of Kansas City,

WOW,.................you mean to design the larger grandstands for the now backside,..............soon to be frontside?

If so,.............I like the sounds of that!

WOW,.................you mean to design the larger grandstands for the now backside,..............soon to be frontside?

If so,.............I like the sounds of that!

I can just see those suites jammed during DCA.

I've been able to perform at Paetec for two championship competitions, 2006 and 2008. 2006 was "less than optimal" due to the weather conditions and also because Paetec was still under construction. 2008, frrom a performer's perspective, was great. Great field on which to perform, close enough to the stands and also a stadium which provided some sound feedback so you could feel how you were perfoming. Not the best from an acoustical perspective, but much better in 2008 compared to 2006.

Rochester as a host city has been GREAT. I'm sure this is by design, but the police officers working the site were uniformly helpful and polite. This doesn't just happen, it is part of the effort put out by the planners and the city to make sure that the experience is a positive one. I have no problem whatsoever with continuing to perform in Rochester.

Edited by zorf

OK......

I'm thinking that perhaps we can add a row or two of seats on the field, in front of the stands, like the row or two of seats (folding chairs, usually) that you see courtside at basketball arenas.

These would be VIP seats.

You could charge, say, $500 per seat, with DCA getting half. And the other half payable to me.

Good idea, right? :tongue:

Fran

OMG..does this mean that we now have to peruse all 4400 + Fran postings to check for subliminal messages? It may be just a rumor, but I heard that if you read posting #1847 backyards, it reads "Paul is dead".....