Drum Corps for dummies.

Which corps did you design for?

Is anyone else unimpressed with these corps making finals with the same formula? How about some originality or character. No offense Bluestars but does it bother you that you look like the Boston Crusaders of a few years ago but in white? It would bother me. And don't give me that bs that of course they would look like them because they have the same visual and guard writers. It's like shame on you then. It's selling out... but that's my opinion. I thought the Bluestars had history? a historic uniform and a style? maybe not... oh and don't get me started on the biggest sell outs in DCI history...the Miami Crusaders. Your generic shows are not helping the activity. So next year when you are watching the Bluestars playing the mashup of I want to ride my bicycle and bolero just think.. wow those blocks look a lot bigger in white.

-Murph

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he has, but under another name. He/she could be one of those crazy people who start a thread and talk to themselves to generate interest from others. :whistle:

LOL Hmmmm ????? HEHE

Am I one of the few people who doesn't think that most shows are all the same. I mean, they can't be the same, since I really like some successful shows, and don't like others. Honestly, I really, REALLY don't see it.

Very funny Michael :whistle: Not sure others got it...sometimes humor requires thinking.

Thanks. I've been waiting for proof that someone "got it."

Is anyone else unimpressed with these corps making finals with the same formula? How about some originality or character. No offense Bluestars but does it bother you that you look like the Boston Crusaders of a few years ago but in white? It would bother me. And don't give me that bs that of course they would look like them because they have the same visual and guard writers. It's like shame on you then. It's selling out... but that's my opinion. I thought the Bluestars had history? a historic uniform and a style? maybe not... oh and don't get me started on the biggest sell outs in DCI history...the Miami Crusaders. Your generic shows are not helping the activity. So next year when you are watching the Bluestars playing the mashup of I want to ride my bicycle and bolero just think.. wow those blocks look a lot bigger in white.

-Murph

:whistle: (sans 'I'm with')

bluestars show never struck me as a boston show.... did you get beat by these two corps this year?

Well, I'd like to hear the OP's definition of "cookie-cutter" ...

Uh oh, now there's going to be a giant cookie cutter in that prop bag they make all the directors draw from for show themes. :whistle:

I also loved their show, but wish they would have kept the helmets. That made them distinctively the Blue Stars. I heard about all of the problems in maintaining the helmets and that the new shakos gave them a better line, but I do not believe that dropping their helmets and putting on shakos changed their score at all! Please bring them back as that helmet has always meant Blue Stars. Would SCV ever even think of going to shakos to improve their look? BRING THEM BACK!!! BRING THEM BACK!!!

Very funny Michael :whistle: Not sure others got it...sometimes humor requires thinking.

Ya, somehow Bluestars just doesn't have the same feel does it. Now Blue Coats on the other hand....