When will CD's begin shipping?

I guess this is kinda' off topic, but since the CD's have been shipped, I don't really feel it's a derail by definition.

Just wondering if anyone knows when DCI will put up the APDs from finals night this year. I kinda' figured they would at least wait until the CDs were done (as I'd imagine they use the same remastering for both), but not sure.

Any ideas?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My CD's just arrived (in MS)! I feel like Steve Martin in The Jerk, running around after the phone book is delivered, but paraphrased: "The DCI CD's are here! The DCI CD's are here! I am somebody!"

Listening to Phantom right now. Have only made it through the first murder thus far. Quality of the recording is fantastic to this point!

Geez. I spend two months waiting every day for the CDs to arrive... and then when I finally listen to them it only makes me that much more anxious for the DVDs! :thumbup:

Of course, by the time my DVDs do get here, by then I'll be impatient for the 2009 shows to hit the field. A drum corps fan is never satisfied!

BTW, Bluecoats' intro is on there in full, with the emcee announcing the contest for the crowd. Gives me goosebumps! That back-beat behind him just makes me giddy.

My God, thankyou for that bit of information. The BC's show makes more sense with that in, so very very good. I don't think that there's any other shows that I'm really dieing to hear their opener, except for the Blue Stars, but noooo. (from what i hear)

Seems to me, especially in Bluecoats and CCrown, that a couple of the big horn hits are kinda "muffled" -- especially Crown's opening hit following the intro and twice with Bluecoats, the Boxer and one other time I can't name specifically.

You can almost "hear" the person mixing the mikes turn the knob. Takes a little of the enjoyment out of the CDs when you know it's supposed to be louder and softer at different points, but the levels are almost the same all the time.

And isn't this a complaint almost every year? This isn't other kinds of "radio" music where everything is intended to be basically the same volume -- there are supposed to be H U G E peaks and valleys in drum corps, and they don't always come across that way on the CDs.

Oh well. I like listening to them anyway!!!

You win Boo...

I ordered my DVDs a couple of nights ago.

I've been trying to tell myself I dont need to go back to the states next year.. But I know as soon as I watch Troopers show again I'll end up with tears in my eyes and reach for the phone to call my travel agent. *checks out finals tickets*

Seems to me, especially in Bluecoats and CCrown, that a couple of the big horn hits are kinda "muffled" -- especially Crown's opening hit following the intro and twice with Bluecoats, the Boxer and one other time I can't name specifically.

You can almost "hear" the person mixing the mikes turn the knob. Takes a little of the enjoyment out of the CDs when you know it's supposed to be louder and softer at different points, but the levels are almost the same all the time.

And isn't this a complaint almost every year? This isn't other kinds of "radio" music where everything is intended to be basically the same volume -- there are supposed to be H U G E peaks and valleys in drum corps, and they don't always come across that way on the CDs.

That's gonna be disappointing. Does it sound like it did with Phantoms last chord in '03?

It would be great if DCI could get the corps to due some kind of "studio" sessions with someone like Frank Dorritie every year. This way there could be the competition recordings as more of a re-living the event kind-of-deal, as well as something mastered specifically for a recording.

On a year like 2008, I'd buy both ...

Blogito Ergo Sum

Good luck recording either of those corps at full volume with a high gain setting without having some sort of distortion in the mix