When will CD's begin shipping?

Good luck recording either of those corps at full volume with a high gain setting without having some sort of distortion in the mix

ISOMIKE is a solution. NO compression, HUGE dynamic range. NO distortion.

http://www.isomike.com/BlueKnights2007/

Edited by CUDAKITE

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No complaints here. I haven't listened to Crown yet , but I have listened to Bluecoats a couple times. They sound great, I don't hear any distortion or compression. Hell, I finally get to hear the singing, since the crowd was too loud for me to hear it live! I've cranked these CD's in the car, and the MP3's at full volume here at work in my headphones. These CDs are tremendous: clear, but with just the right amount of crowd interaction. Thumbs up!

OKay, just listened to Crown. I'm not a big fan of their show this year, but those who are probably won't be overwhelmed by what the mics picked up. No question Crown is the loudest track out of the top seven - listening at full volume actually gave me a headache - but I'm hearing a lot of intonation, tone quality and timing issues that the volume might have covered up in person. I also hear some distortion in the beginning of the ballad, which is definitely an issue in the recording quality, not the performance quality.

Still haven't received mine yet. =(

The thing I worry about the most is that the pit sound overpowers the horns/drums. Is that the case with these recordings?

Still haven't received mine yet. =(

The thing I worry about the most is that the pit sound overpowers the horns/drums. Is that the case with these recordings?

I kind of got that feeling at the beginning of the Blue stars show, but outside of that one instance no so far that hasnt been a problem

That would make sense for them- the hornline was backfield and playing pretty soft for the first minute or so if I remember right.

I actually meant during there first impact. The rest of the impacts in the show are fine though. Its not even all of the first impact, just right when the hornline comes in

Anyone else have left and right sides reversed on their CDs....or is it just me?

Bluecoats' shout section definitely plays out of the correct right-side speaker. That's the only moment that stands out as being clearly on one side or the other, and it's definitely noticeable.