• Madison Scouts
    • Mandarins
    • Pacific Crest
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Pioneer
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Spirit
    • Troopers

How is it that nobody has said SCV, but people have said Pioneer and Troopers...?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... obviously they just weren't loud enough.

Just kidding, but really i have no idea.

Crown. When they went into Toccata, it was like I had an 80-person hornline inisde my skull. Coats is a close second, though. But the only show I made it to was Lafayette, and there were only about 10 corps there.

Ok, I just have to say that I am truly impressed at how the Crown mellos cut through the rest of the ensemble (in a good way) specifically during the opening hit. With all this hype about the tubas, I just wanted to express my appreciation for the Crown mellophones.

Edited by BlooContraGuy

i saw crown 3 times, and someone please help me remember why they are ahead in this poll? yes they had some pretty sweet loud hits and what not, but if you had almost 10% more bodies in your hornline, should you not also have a 10% greater sound all the time?

no im not corps bashing, i thought they had a good show that was easy to like and even easier to have stuck in your head months after last hearing their show and for that, they deserve credit.

i voted phantom, but bluecoats also came to mind along with scouts.

finally what is a loud corps that is dirty? i <3 me some loud corps, but only if they can stay in tune

if you had specified overall for the entire show, I would have voted differently, but Bloo was, by far, the loudest...

i saw crown 3 times, and someone please help me remember why they are ahead in this poll? yes they had some pretty sweet loud hits and what not, but if you had almost 10% more bodies in your hornline, should you not also have a 10% greater sound all the time?

no im not corps bashing, i thought they had a good show that was easy to like and even easier to have stuck in your head months after last hearing their show and for that, they deserve credit.

finally what is a loud corps that is dirty? i <3 me some loud corps, but only if they can stay in tune

firstly, no, you should not have a greater sound all the time- just because a corps CAN rip your face off doesn't mean they should. CC did, but they controlled how they did it.

secondly- who specifically are you talking about when you talk about tuning? cuz I'm pretty sure both CC AND phantom were pretty dang well in tune every time I saw them.

Ok. No problem. I'll help you remember. The poll didn't ask Who was the loudest by virtue of there hornline size. It asked a plan and simple question. Who was the loudest Corps? Looks like most who saw them think Carolina Crown was. I think so too. I saw most of the Corps several times this year and each time when leaving a show that Carolina Crown had performed at, I had no doubt. The fact they also played musically and VERY well in tune made it even more impressive. Anyway, That's why Carolina Crown is ahead in this poll.