Random Memories

I have pics that I took a month ago of one of them sitting along some RR tracks. You can still the name on the side.

Bad news is I am unable at this time to download from my digital do to technical issues.

I'd love to see those pictures. Here's to hoping you get the technical stuff straightened out!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corps housing at Bosco Prep in Boston (just blocks from the Combat Zone.)

I remember that! One good thing was it was an easy stagger to the gym after a free night.

- Seeing Phantom Regiment for the first time ever in Gurnee, IL - I almost fractured my jaw when it hit the ground.

- Watching the Santa Clara Vanguard snare line walk up the hill behind the stadium in Whitewater when you entered the field that way - they had an energy just walking, and the crowd back there just went silent and opened up to let them through. :worthy:

- Being in Alton, IL and knowing that would be my last time there ever. The rear lights were out in the stadium for some reason so only the front lights were illuminating the field. We only had a few minutes after our show, so I ran up to the top row of the back field stands to have a look and take it all in, and found myself right smack in the middle of the Les Chatelains all girl corps from Canada. Sadly, instead of "capitalizing" on that moment, I chose to focus on looking around the stadium and being all bummed I would not march in that show or stadium again. It was only back down on the field getting ready for retreat when I realized "what did you just do?" :worthy: Man card revoked that night.

- Standing next to Gail Royer (just by chance) in 1978 at Mile High Stadium and saying to him: "I think you guys got it tonight" and him patting me on the shoulder saying "Thanks!"

- Playing "Celebration Suite" in Guardsmen in one of the first few shows of 1978 and having the crowd jump up and applaud at the end. I wasn't sure what the loud noise was, and actually thought for a second it was a low jet going over!

- The final run through for the Madison Alumni Reunion Project at the practice field... you had to be there. And a whole bunch of people were indeed there, too. And then of course just a few hours later at Camp Randall - it was in a word - "amazing!" from my point-of-view.

so many more...

Sharing housing with Cavaliers in Stillwater, MN (1976? 1977?), and a girl couldn't walk down the hall without passing through a gaunlet of Cavies rating them.

"Oh, look, here comes an 8!"

"Ew, I'd give her a 5, but only 'cause she's wearing a tube top."

"Oh, baby, she's a 10! Marry me!"

Good times! :worthy:

random...um...

watching green machine rehearse 71, fun

watching another green machine a year or two later, twice the fun

we short guard girls hugging lots of guys in the parking lot after finals 75

watching BD rehearse and perform 76

sleeping on a beach Monte Carlo 77

"Random Momment":

Watching the 1961 VFW Nationals retreat, which featured the "On-The-Field-Brawl" between St Vincent's Cadets and the St Mary's Majestic Knights. Vets Corps Commish Tony Schlecta droned on and on through the scores of bands, drum corps, drill teams, drum majorettes and color guards completly oblivious of the punch up going on right in front of him... :withstupid:

Elphaba

I remember when you beat us that show in 85. It was a Sunday afternoon in upstate NY. We had to get on the bus and head to another show. We were going to eat lunch on the bus. After the scores were announced, the staff threw tuna sandwiches at us as we boarded the buses.

I remember that show. Boy did we suck that day. I think the show was on a baseball field. It was the first show of second tour.

Sharing housing with Cavaliers in Stillwater, MN (1976? 1977?), and a girl couldn't walk down the hall without passing through a gaunlet of Cavies rating them.

"Oh, look, here comes an 8!"

"Ew, I'd give her a 5, but only 'cause she's wearing a tube top."

"Oh, baby, she's a 10! Marry me!"

Good times! :thumbup:

Yep, I remember that Lee!

Also, in 75 or 76, we were staying with another corps (can't remember who at the moment). We were sitting in the hall on night eating Ritz crackers. As people would walk by, we would grab a cracker, place it under us and say,"Everythings great that sits on a Ritz!"

My Kingsmen memory was standing in line, waiting to go on the field, in an area where a lot of people were. A group was staring at us and trying to 'distract' us. One of the say, "My God, I swear they are robots!!"

I remember that show. Boy did we suck that day. I think the show was on a baseball field. It was the first show of second tour.

I even kept the newspaper article. The headline read "Eclipses by day, Lancers by night". It was always fun competing with you guys back then.

Later,

Mike

I even kept the newspaper article. The headline read "Eclipses by day, Lancers by night". It was always fun competing with you guys back then.

Later,

Mike

Les Eclipses was awesome.