Drum Corps Europe live webcast of Championships!

WWonka

Did anyone else notice the banner add on DCP where DCE is hosting a live feed for their championships this Saturday FREE!! It may have been there for a while but I just now noticed it.

That rocks! If I can make time this Saturday I know what I will be watching.

It says GMT+1 - 10:00 - 23:00.

Which is 3am to 4pm Central Time if my numbers are right.

Hey free drum corps is free drum corps. I give it up to DCE for doing this.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I am aware that this is definitely not the right forum section for my post, but the International Forum is a bit quiet so I hope the moderators allow this topic here for a while.

Drum Corps Europe will make a live webcast of the DCE Championships this Saturday in Kerkrade, with audio and video streaming. Drum corps fans who can't travel to Kerkrade will still be able to see what's happening in the Parkstad Limburg Stadium.

In previous years a webcam sent a picture to the server every 5 seconds. This time the webcast will be a live audio and video streaming event (high camera view). The audio and video will have limited quality (please do not expect DVD or DCI Fan Network quality), and this year is a test. We published a banner on Drum Corps Planet that forwards to the webcast.

The webcast will start Saturday at 10.00 am (local time) and can be accessed through www.drumcorpseurope.org/webcast.

Kind regards,

Marco Janssen

Drum Corps Europe

The Parkstad Limburg Stadium, venue for the 2008 DCE European Championships:

rodahighshot.jpeg

Edited by Marco

. . .bump.

I LOVE your signature and I concur 1 million % . :inlove:

If you've never seen drum corps from Europe, you're in for a treat. Parkstad Limburg Stadium is a great venue and the audience will be energized. I had the good fortune of being there in 2005 for the World Music Contests and the Euro-fans are great!

Our best wishes to Marco and the entire DCE team. We'll look forward to watching the show.

I hope you get a chance to watch.

-john

For those who have not seen the European corps - you are in for a real treat... they may not have the size of the DCI World Class corps but they do have QUALITY... and they tend to CHALLENGE the performers... as one who has seen drum corps in Europe... trust me... this is worth watching...

Kudos to DCP and John Donovan for arranging this.

Tom