DCI on Netflix

Recently it was posted that several universities had the Legacy Collection on DVD in their catalog. I have not searched it yet, but I think it would be fantastic for a company like Netflix to purchase the entire catalog for exposures. I love Netflix and I often use a local library to get exposed to some, “Not so common titles” Anyway, should I look into telling Netflix about DCI? They have some titles and music DVDs that one can’t even find on Amazon. What do you all think?

It would be a good idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if DCI has restrictions on something like that. I mean I have never seen DCI at a movie rental place before.

It would be a good idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if DCI has restrictions on something like that. I mean I have never seen DCI at a movie rental place before.

that's probably more due to lack of demand than anything. having the legacy collection on netflix would indeed be awesome, though.

Yeah demand probably isn't as high as other genres. Its tough to find movies in the store these days. My local blockbuster has gotten rid of almost all the "classic" movies. I'm sure they would scoff at the idea of putting DCI on their shelves due to the low profit margins.

However, Netflix would probably go for it since they carry a ton of stuff, even obscure tittles that probably only get rented once a month.

DCI would also have to go through an additional (though similar) licensing process, as these DVDs were sold for in-home use and not rental.

It could even require remastering some of the disks ... Doubt it would be profitable.

I recently used Netflix to watch "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians". If they can carry something like that, then DCI should be a no-brainer!

What?

"Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" is a cult classic that has made tens of millions since 1964 ... It actually did well at the box office when it opened (I remember seeing it with my Dad at the Sanders in Park Slope when it opened) and is owned by a bargain-bin video distributor these days.

In other words, this horrible little film that gave the World its first look at a pre-teen Pia Zadora, is still far bigger in the cosmic scheme of things than DCI.

I recently used Netflix to watch "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians". If they can carry something like that, then DCI should be a no-brainer!

What?

Did you watch the MST3K version?