on the road...

I have to confess, all that pushing around of hot slave girls while Phantom was setting up kind of turned me on.... :sad:

is that wrong?

Only if you're old like me :tongue:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, now I'm getting concerned. I just went to PR's site to see if there was any shipping update for the 2008 On the Road DVD - its no longer listed on the DVD page!!! The 2007 On The Road is no longer listed either!

OK, now I'm getting concerned. I just went to PR's site to see if there was any shipping update for the 2008 On the Road DVD - its no longer listed on the DVD page!!! The 2007 On The Road is no longer listed either!

Meh... I wouldn't worry about that. It probably just means that they've already sold out! :thumbup:

I just got an email for PR stating that they had a load of the edited dvds come in, and they are shipping them out today/tomorrow..

Here is the email I/We recvd from Regiment Director Rick Valenzuela,

"First, let me take the time to thank you for taking advantage of our 2008 On the Road DVD pre-sale! Without your support, we wouldn't be able to continue putting on such great performances like the one the corps did this past August in Bloomington, Indiana. But I'm mainly writing to apologize for the delay in shipping these DVD's. Originally, we thought they would be shipping the first week of January, but unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, the DVD had to be edited."

"The DVD had to be edited to remove 1:13 seconds of music in which the composer did not grant video sync rights. The process of getting all of the different permissions needed is a long and arduous one. The issue isn't a copyright violation at all, as we had secured all of the rights to arrange and perform the piece in question. The video sync rights that Drum Corps International secures were denied by the composer. The publisher, and in this case the composer, have every right to deny the final steps after they have already given permission to arrange and perform. That is their discretion."

"The piece in question, Dance of Ecstasy, is 1:13 minutes of our overall production. After seeing the score and hearing a recording, the composer did not appreciate how his piece was interpreted and denied DCI the video sync rights. I do not believe the composer will be changing his mind unfortunately. There is a detailed article on the entire licensing process here: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=5...d6-cef001a8383c. This is a very unfortunate circumstance, but completely out of our control as we do not secure the video sync rights."

"So therefore, we had to stop production and re-edit. I authorized the duplicators to send a few cases overnight via Federal Express and they have arrived! We are sending them out right now."

"I apologize for the delay in shipping these, as well as the delay in getting this email out to you"

For $40.00 for TWO DVD's of Regiment performances? Especially with the behind-the-scenes commentary etc? A REAL STEAL!

Here is the email I/We recvd from Regiment Director Rick Valenzuela...

"The DVD had to be edited to remove 1:13 seconds of music in which the composer did not grant video sync rights...

"The piece in question, Dance of Ecstasy, is 1:13 minutes of our overall production. After seeing the score and hearing a recording, the composer did not appreciate how his piece was interpreted and denied DCI the video sync rights. I do not believe the composer will be changing his mind unfortunately.

Fair enough, that's always the composer's prerogative. Hell will freeze over before this composer's work gets used again in DCI, and that's likely by mutual agreement.

i just checked my account at the PR store,,, my dvd's have been shipped..

woo hoo