Prayers needed....and I'm not a praying guy

Weather.com shows a small bit of rain sneaking over the San Gabriel Mountains, near the Marek fire?

We can hope....but from what I'm seeing, it's far too far away to do anything at the moment...it'll need to travel southwest to hit either fire.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck up there Sam and others that are in the fire areas. The winds have picked-up here in SouthOC and it looks like it may be a pretty windy night. We've been very lucky to-date here, but as we know - that can change pretty quickly with the Santa Ana winds, high temps, and low humidity.

-john

My prayers are speeding your way, Sam.

Thanks, all. I'm back home now...the Marek fire is burning away from us....but now the one in Porter Ranch is going like crazy....they're turning traffic around ON the 118 freeway.

A hell of a way to start the fire season...

Porter Ranch again? Didn't that just burn down in '03?

Cheer up, Sam ... Even fires don't want to go to Sylmar Lake View Terrace. :tongue:

Edited by DCIHasBeen

Prayers from the east coast.. hope everything turns out alright for you and everyone else. I couldn't imagine dealing with this year after year

Porter Ranch again? Didn't that just burn down in '03?

Yep...I remember my boss spending a lot of time looking out his office window with his binoculars...we were on the 11th floor in a building on Ventura Blvd and he could easily see his area...

Prayers given... our once in a while blizzards don't look too bad...