2010/2011 DCA Championship Bids Now Accepted

Since it is a bid situation, it would be contrary to common sense to allow any publicity prior to the bid opening... it just isn't good business... Those in charge of the bid situation are providing the correct information to those interested in bidding ... Everyone else will have to wait till a decision is made.

Bids are open until January 15th...

I can say there has been active communications with several localities and the prospects for a very successful bid are strong.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winston-Salem, NC was mentioned a few years back. I wonder if they're still in the running.

Oh my gosh, That would be so much fun. Go to ouyay ubetay and search for DCA and see the mass hornline play Georgia. This time ask Winston Salem to stay open, or just give us the keys and let us run the joint.

Trav

I would like to suggest Stanford. It is the perfect Drum Corps stadium as well as the perfect venue for this competition.

That was my very first thought when I entered it in 07...wasn't too bad as a performance venue from the field, either (and boy-HOWDY did it feel good to stand in the entrance tunnel as a Blue Devil again!!! Even if none of the BD or SCV kids with us were even a leacherous gleam in their daddy's eyes when you and I marched...my soprano is older than those guys!!)

Oh yeah.....submit a bid ($1 to Ream)