Trumpet playing can put eyes at risk...

One more scientific reason to march Low Brass!!

:tongue:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm... no more playing things up an octave as a joke. >_>

We need a pitch-psi chart! also, I wonder if they tested this with extreme trumpet players, like, just able to blow out a double high c cold just picking it up casually...

I know a person who had his eye literally come out of its sock due to the high pressure. He is a band director for a band in my local marching band circuit. My mother marched with him when they were in high school.

This happened to me. I had perfect vision until I started playing trumpet seriously.

It seems like one solution for this would be to... relax and not play with pressure...

just sayin

:tongue::smile: :smile:

Just stop when you have to start wearing glasses.

also, might I add, I have a bad case of hypochondria. So, I get the feeling I am going to start having "vision problems"

"Pressure spikes are fine if you have healthy eyes. But all the people out there with these conditions, and so many others at risk of them, can be negatively affected, and many don't know it."

How many of you read the article? It doesn't say these activities CAUSE eye problems, but rather they can aggravate and accelerate underlying, and possibly undiagnosed, conditions.