Finals 2007

Meh. Maybe he'll think a little bit more before he posts here again knowing that his corps can be dragged into the fray. A little personal responsibility never hurt.

No. considering in this community, one can choose to not represent a corps. What that poster did was wrong, and I know I'm not the only one that thinks that. The only reason that most DCI marchers don't associate themselves with their corps is because ignorant people will automatically assume thats what their corps believes. All I wanted to say with my original post is that that particular section of BD's show looked to me to be very dirty, and was wondering what happened there.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell...if you really wanna get picky, you can identify any number of "gotcha" moments in almost every winning show and claim that corps should've won.

83-85 Cadets: really sloppy feet (83 in particular, with bad phasing and an out-of-step on camera in RPH)

86 BD: flag drop on camera

87 Cadets: pit/battery phasing (exposed for a second or two) from the "perfect" drum line

88 Madison: the upper brass frack-fest in the opener

89 SCV: bumper cars in the snare line

91 Star: poor part of the form in the last set (but because it was put in so late, they should get a pass....plsu it was Zingali's masterpieceand should be left alone)

92 Cavies: dirt in the snare feature

93 Cadets: guard drop at the big hit in the opener

96 Regiment: bad soprano release going into the last move

00 Cavies: horn player falling in the drum feature

The point being that there IS no perfection (Cadets 05 score and complete caption/sub caption sweep not withstanding)...and one or two mistakes do not cost a championship.

BD won....get over it.

For the record, although I still post occasionally about losing to Garfield by 1/10th and that any Cadet from 84 has my ring...I got over losing a looong time ago, and 84 Garfield is one of my favorite shows.

Perhaps the OP should be a bit more mature about things.

14.jpg

Nasty Much? congrats you have a piece of jewlry... guess what I'll give you a ring for best holloween greeting of the year, and it doesn't mean you deserve it.

142.jpg

When has anyone said that the entire drum corps has to be in unison at all times? You're making up "universal" guidelines that no one would ascribe to just because you were wrong and are too embarrassed to admit it.

At cadets in 2005, we did the exact same thing (almost), with people in halftime changing to single times at varying times...making us out of step :happy: . We had a little 4 count hold (the umbrella), and then all stepped off together on the right (correct) foot. So....to whom do i return my medal? :lol:

Or......maybe, you NEED to march out of step to win :wub:

By his logic, you were out of step the whole show! You are supposed to lead with your left, silly cadets. <_<

that was sarcasm, just for the one slow dude that is like "STOP ANTAGONIZING THE CADETS, JERK"

At cadets in 2005, we did the exact same thing (almost), with people in halftime changing to single times at varying times...making us out of step :happy: . We had a little 4 count hold (the umbrella), and then all stepped off together on the right (correct) foot. So....to whom do i return my medal? :wub:

One of the travesties of the video coverage of your show was focusing on the tenors in their feature....there was some sick SICK stuff going on drill wise....best use of the reverse uniforms, imo....Sacktig was on the GOOD stuff when he wrote that section (I was able to see the high camera of that section from prekims on the site that shall not be named)

No. considering in this community, one can choose to not represent a corps. What that poster did was wrong, and I know I'm not the only one that thinks that. The only reason that most DCI marchers don't associate themselves with their corps is because ignorant people will automatically assume thats what their corps believes. All I wanted to say with my original post is that that particular section of BD's show looked to me to be very dirty, and was wondering what happened there.

I dont really agree with most of your posts in this thread, but i agree with this. One of the reasons i only post here a few times a month is because of how volatile this place can be - and how easily it reflects on one's corps. Anyway - my opinion - telling the world were a poster marched who obviously didn't want to reveal that information is akin to going to a corps camp and releasing show info before they make the public announcement.

One of the travesties of the video coverage of your show was focusing on the tenors in their feature....there was some sick SICK stuff going on drill wise....best use of the reverse uniforms, imo....Sacktig was on the GOOD stuff when he wrote that section (I was able to see the high camera of that section from prekims on the site that shall not be named)

Yeah....i've got it on facebook - i was in the middle of one of those lines, so i hardly had to move. Granted - we were crab stepping, which is not how hornlines are supposed to march, so we should have lost marching for that as well :happy:

Hands down the best tenor feature this decade, and you want to see some funny uniforms and diagonal lines moving around? :happy: