Greetings from Joey Pero

JoeSop1

very cool stuff man.Keep up the good work.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!! Totally and completely awesome!!!! You are blessed with talent!!!

Always humbled friends..

Thanks for the response. I hope you enjoy the rest of the tracks. After all...it's tough to put out a TRUMPET record these days.

Spam...I'll see you next weekend. Can't wait. 09' baby!

Vickie...I'm also blessed with a great circle of friends and family in drum corps. We're blessed to be involved with this great comradery and music!

Fran...I look forward to meeting you guys out sometime very soon! and catch up.

Marty...Thanks for the comments. I consider the classical charts a direct drum corps translation to what the Bucs stand for in DCA. When did you March?

Camel Lips...I want updates on your son. pronto! And; how are the chops?

ILoveto8vA...I heard a recording of you wailing on Birdland with the T-birds! Send me some finale files!

Melligene...Mendez is the master! I'm interested to hear your Mendez stories.

Donny...I'm glad you instilled the value of sight reading and buckling down. Your influence has been profound to me. Thank you man!

Tom...You are the ONE and ONLY manager among managers!

How about we bring DCA to Jersey City in a few years? Followed buy a DCA party at my place?

Hey...It could happen.

Joey

Edited by JoeSop1

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all well and that life is bringing blessings and peace to you.

As promised I am keeping you all in the know. My debut record release, "Resonance" is just about finished and I wanted to let you know that you can listen to select tracks on my myspace music page.

Myspace Link

I can't wait to hear what you all think and please friend request me and join my mailing list, even if you think you are already signed up (there was an issue with many of the early names being lost)

I can't wait to for all of this years show ideas to be announced and I look forward to seeing some of the shows next summer.

As always, warmest regard to you and yours!

Joey

all GREAT stuff! i enjoyed how the vocal scatting is woven with your trumpet licks and harmonized and the "call and response" riffs are top notch.and yes it is hard to put out a record in these days of prefabricated "pop"stars and lip-syncing cheerleaders!such musical prowess as yours is refreshing to hear! BTW:GREAT bass lines as well.who is the player?were they played on an electric or on keys?

"Lip syncing cheerleaders" LOL I love that line!!!!

I have a show choir director who brings in her group with other singers, records their music and then uses it so that the kids can "dance" while singing (if you call it dance). I call them the karaoke choir and the students dislike hearing that. Maybe they'll come over to my choir that sings!

all GREAT stuff! i enjoyed how the vocal scatting is woven with your trumpet licks and harmonized and the "call and response" riffs are top notch.and yes it is hard to put out a record in these days of prefabricated "pop"stars and lip-syncing cheerleaders!such musical prowess as yours is refreshing to hear! BTW:GREAT bass lines as well.who is the player?were they played on an electric or on keys?

Joey,

you are very welcome for anything that I have done to help you play ...(gulp) ...like that. But I am quite sure the work YOU did made that happen.

I thought Doug was your other manager LOL...

Donny

Always humbled friends..

Thanks for the response. I hope you enjoy the rest of the tracks. After all...it's tough to put out a TRUMPET record these days.

snip

Marty...Thanks for the comments. I consider the classical charts a direct drum corps translation to what the Bucs stand for in DCA. When did you March?

snip

I marched from the end of 1975 to 1981 on the field with Bucs.

BTW, we played that first piece of yours in 1976, but a little faster, while we were marching backwards...but we were overtime and had to take it out... :tongue:

Sounds awesome Joey.

And as an ex-theatre major I will say that "Defying Gravity" is #### Hott!

Edited by leadsopranoman

Joey,

this is FANTASTIC STUFF. I actually sent the link to my professor here @ Ithaca College and he'll be sending it out to my studio. Loved the Arutunian. I have a friend who arranged the Hindemith Sonata in a different way as well, and I must say, I love it when standards are taken to that next level, and you did just that. Congrats. I'll be buying the CD and encouraging everyone I know to do so as well. Hope all is well.