Spirit Announces 2009 Program

When was the last time there was a thread devoted to Spirit that hit this many pages??? More pre-season hype for them in a long time.

Go Spirit!! Can't wait to see what you bring us in '09!

I was thinking the very same thing this morning as the post hit 16 pages. In fact, has Spirit ever been the topic of a 16 page thread since DCP hit the net?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really a shame. If I was a member of Spirit reading this thread....

I am a member of Spirit, and I've read this thread since it was posted.

Over the past year(last summer was my first summer marching. However, I've been around the activity all my life...), I've learned to take the things said on DCP with a grain of salt. People can say all the negative things they want, but it's not going to change my mind about the show, or my corps.

So, I'm going to share my thoughts, and then I'll be done.

-To those of you bashing the show idea, give it a chance.

-To those of you bashing the people who are bashing the show idea, take a chill pill. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

-To those of you reading this who are considering auditioning for Spirit this weekend, don't let the negativity in this thread prevent you from doing so. Spirit is an awesome family, and I couldn't be more thankful to be apart of it. I may not know where we will place this coming summer, but I DO know that I WILL have 149 brothers and sisters who will be JUST as proud as I am to represent Spirit's past, present, and future. I hope to see you on Friday evening!

-Caitlin Armstrong

Over the past year(last summer was my first summer marching. However, I've been around the activity all my life...), I've learned to take the things said on DCP with a grain of salt. People can say all the negative things they want, but it's not going to change my mind about the show, or my corps.

-To those of you bashing the people who are bashing the show idea, take a chill pill. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

-To those of you reading this who are considering auditioning for Spirit this weekend, don't let the negativity in this thread prevent you from doing so. Spirit is an awesome family, and I couldn't be more thankful to be apart of it. I may not know where we will place this coming summer, but I DO know that I WILL have 149 brothers and sisters who will be JUST as proud as I am to represent Spirit's past, present, and future. I hope to see you on Friday evening!

-Caitlin Armstrong

Well said!

-Caitlin Armstrong

And this is the reason some from a finalist corps (not just one) are headed to Jacksonville on Friday. Many corps preach this philosophy, but don't live it. I know it is not perfect any where, but I want to check it out. I am also very excited by the show music and the brass instruction I know I will get. See you Friday Caitlin. Well spoken by the way.

-Caitlin Armstrong

Having known Caitlin from when she was running around in diapers, I am most proud of her attitude and am incredibly happy that kids like her and others continue to march in Spirit, carrying on the tradition of creating a big happy, although at times dysfunctional, family. That's what those of us that marched back in my day took away from the corps. Sure, we are proud to have finished where we did back in my years, but that's not what we remember now. I'm more proud of the fact that I have friends that I marched with 25 years ago that I still to this day keep in touch with very often...friends that are genuinely interested and concerned with things in my life, and vise versa. If I needed them or they needed me, we'd be there for each other, just like the closest of fraternities. That's what Spirit meant to me and many others, and I'm glad the corps still creates those same kinds of experiences for the members today.

With attitudes like Caitlin's, the corps is destined to be successful. Kudos to those members that always look on the brighter side and realize what drum corps is REALLY about.

Thank you Caitlin, for making this alum proud.

Edited by ssorrell

-Caitlin Armstrong

Well said!

Tell your dad I said "thanks for the advice"

Catch you l8r

-Caitlin Armstrong

ditto to your whole post.

Spirit is our home, and will always feel that way during the summer, no matter what the show is, or how its scoring.

I have my doubts about the show, but who am i to declare its failure before the first audition camp, hmm?

You're right, it could be a horrible idea and be a "bad" season.

and/or it could go great and put Spirit where Spirit deserves to be.

-Caitlin Armstrong

Thanks for reminding me one more time why I'm so proud of you. :smile: