Thoughts and Prayers Please - Cozy Baker Hospitalized

JohnD

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just learned that long-time Drum Corps World writer and drum corps icon Cozy Baker (and DCP Contributing Editor) is in the critical care unit of the VA hospital near his home in Alabama - suffering from a severe reaction to antibiotics given to treat a staph infection. Cozy's brother contacted me just a short time ago to provide the very basic information, as a lot more is not known at this time, other than he's in the Critical Care Unit.

I'll be sure to post updates as I receive them. In the mean time, please keep our friend and colleague in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you.

-john

TO ALL: I HAVE JUST SPOKEN WITH COZYS SISTER AND HAVE THE FOLLOWING NEWS: COZY IS IN STABLE CONDITION.HE IS STILL VERY SICK,AND ON A VENTILATOR.he is in the VA medical center,in Birmingham Alabama.the address is: VA medical center,700 S.19th street,Birmingham,Alabama,35233 phone #:205-933-8101 (6th floor ICU) Micheal Baker.flowers,cards and well wishes can be sent to this address.Cozy had a staph infection,(blood infection) and had an adverse reaction to the antibiotic that was administered to combat the staph infection.they have changed the antibiotic,and he is now stable,and responsive.his brother and sister are at the hospital with him and will be there through monday.he was able to communicate with his sister by nodding his head and is in "guarded condition".i will up date you more,in the next few hours and days. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers,for Cozy!

Team Blue is sending its best wishes, thoughts, and prayers your way, Cozy!

I've just learned that long-time Drum Corps World writer and drum corps icon Cozy Baker (and DCP Contributing Editor) is in the critical care unit of the VA hospital near his home in Alabama - suffering from a severe reaction to antibiotics given to treat a staph infection. Cozy's brother contacted me just a short time ago to provide the very basic information, as a lot more is not known at this time, other than he's in the Critical Care Unit.

I'll be sure to post updates as I receive them. In the mean time, please keep our friend and colleague in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you.

-john

O M G !!!!!

Please know that he will be in my wife's and my prayers.

TO ALL: I HAVE JUST SPOKEN WITH COZYS SISTER AND HAVE THE FOLLOWING NEWS: COZY IS IN STABLE CONDITION.HE IS STILL VERY SICK,AND ON A VENTILATOR.he is in the VA medical center,in Birmingham Alabama.the address is: VA medical center,700 S.19th street,Birmingham,Alabama,35233 phone #:205-933-8101 (6th floor ICU) Micheal Baker.flowers,cards and well wishes can be sent to this address.Cozy had a staph infection,(blood infection) and had an adverse reaction to the antibiotic that was administered to combat the staph infection.they have changed the antibiotic,and he is now stable,and responsive.his brother and sister are at the hospital with him and will be there through monday.he was able to communicate with his sister by nodding his head and is in "guarded condition".i will up date you more,in the next few hours and days. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers,for Cozy!

Thanks for the update Hairbear.

We'll continue to post updates as we receive them.

-john

I think everyone knows how I feel about Cozy... just one of the truly great guys in drum corps who has been so valuable to me over the years... the stable condition report was just delivered and that is encouraging... discouraging is that he's still on a respirator in ICU... hopefully the new drugs will fight the infection...

The timing - hearing of such a dear friend with a septic infection like this - is very bad... Sunday I'll be attending the wake for long timed Patriot (empire statesmen too) Lynn Hoyt 34 years old... and daughter of well known NY instructor/judge Gary Hoyt and his wife Kay. the Hoyt and Nolan families WERE the Patriots for many, many years... (with a little help from the Peashey Family) Many of the old Patriot Family will be gathering Sunday to give strength to all... Lynnie was the sweetest thing and has been a school teacher in the Rochester School District for quite a few years. She developed pains last week - the infection went septic and she didn't make it...

So Cozy... you do whatever they say to do and beat this thing... our prayers are with you...

Get Well Soon Cozy...

From your friends at Dream

Get Well Soon Cozy...

From your friends at Dream

My first experience at DCA Finals with Dream was fantastic, but nobody made me feel more welcome to DCA than Cozy. Thanks Cozy, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Que dios te bendiga.

-Dave