Thoughts and Prayers Please - Cozy Baker Hospitalized

JohnD

I have merged the two Cozy Baker threads to keep the information and updates together.

Please utilize this thread if you have any updates and to send Cozy your thoughts.

Also, from a previous post by hairbear, Cozy is at:

VA medical center

700 S.19th street

Birmingham, Alabama

phone #:205-933-8101 (6th floor ICU) Micheal Baker

flowers,cards and well wishes can be sent to this address

TO ALL: This up-date from cozys family came in at 11/22/08,7:24 P.M. (EST) : "Cozy is very responsive today! he is not comfortable with the respirator and feeding tube,however.the respirator has been lowered from 60% oxygen level,to 35%. this is GOOD NEWS! his blood count is still low and he may require a unit of blood,sunday morning. Cozy had labs drawn today,to insure that the antibiotics are working."..........................Cozy is fighting hard,and we all must continue to keep him in our prayers. on behalf of Cozy,i want to thank all of you for your prayers,thoughts and compassion! I will continue to keep all of you informed of his progress,in the coming days......on the lighter side: I bet we will get quite an article from Cozy,about this,once he is back to his usual self! i just hope I dont have to do the typing for him!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TO ALL: This up-date from cozys family came in at 11/22/08,7:24 P.M. (EST) : "Cozy is very responsive today! he is not comfortable with the respirator and feeding tube,however.the respirator has been lowered from 60% oxygen level,to 35%. this is GOOD NEWS! his blood count is still low and he may require a unit of blood,sunday morning. Cozy had labs drawn today,to insure that the antibiotics are working."..........................Cozy is fighting hard,and we all must continue to keep him in our prayers. on behalf of Cozy,i want to thank all of you for your prayers,thoughts and compassion! I will continue to keep all of you informed of his progress,in the coming days......on the lighter side: I bet we will get quite an article from Cozy,about this,once he is back to his usual self! i just hope I dont have to do the typing for him!

being on a respirator is a nightmare come true. i feel his pain. sounds like all is going well . he will be in our prayers untill this passes. stay strong cozy.

Sounds like good news, Hairbear. Thanks again for keeping everyone updated.

-john

Thanks for the updates.I continue to pray for him.

Pretty soon Cozy will up and moving around looking out his hospital window and see that the flags are improperly hung and will be shouting at some intern or nurse to go outside and fix them.

God I feel sorry for the hospital staff if that happens.

Get well Cozy :thumbup:

Thanks for keeping us all informed Steve.

Get better brother......WWBD.

From Ghost Rider in a Kilt.

TO ALL: Though still not out of the woods,Cozys condition continues to improve,slowly.as of today: he has recieved a unit of blood,and his kidneys are functioning better. Lab cultures now show a clearing of the bacterial infection and there is less fluid on his lungs.he is still "over-breathing" the respirator rate,and that is not very good.this update from cozys family came at 11/23/08 at 10:00 p.m...............he may be "adjusting the flag display",at the V.A. hospital,sooner than we think! his brother in law reports that he is getting "restless"and has added a "shoulder shrug" to his responses to questions.his family asks that we" continue to keep Cozy in our thoughts and prayers".