Thoughts and Prayers Please - Cozy Baker Hospitalized

JohnD

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't checked into DCP for awhile, but I was saddened to come across this thread tonight.

Best wishes Cozy, for a full and speedy recovery. I hope you are up and running amok again very soon.

Lee

Get well soon Cozy...

From the Signorelli boys Tony and Steven :smile:

Thought I would add another minimal update, Cozy's fever did return and they are trying to verify if the infection has resurfaced. Night before last was restless and they unfortunately had to sedate him again to reduce his agitation. Yesterday he pretty much slept the entire day. Most likely he will will have the Ventilator moved sometime early next week to his trachea. Recovery for his lungs is going to take quite some time. My access to the web, etc. this Holiday weekend will be minimal, but, Hairbear is also in the information loop so if anything significant happens one of us will let everyone know. Otherwise, everybody have a safe and Happy Turkey Day.

Thought I would add another minimal update, Cozy's fever did return and they are trying to verify if the infection has resurfaced. Night before last was restless and they unfortunately had to sedate him again to reduce his agitation. Yesterday he pretty much slept the entire day. Most likely he will will have the Ventilator moved sometime early next week to his trachea. Recovery for his lungs is going to take quite some time. My access to the web, etc. this Holiday weekend will be minimal, but, Hairbear is also in the information loop so if anything significant happens one of us will let everyone know. Otherwise, everybody have a safe and Happy Turkey Day.

While visiting my inlaws in Birmingham, Tammy and I went up to visit our dear friend Cozy. It is very heart wrenching to see him tied down with tubes and other connections. He was sedated still today, but did open his eyes and try to acknowledge that he knew we were there. We met his sister and her husband who also live in Florida. We will visit him a couple more times before we head back home on Sunday. He is still in for a heck of a fight with this. Although he's better then when he came in, he's still not back to the Cozy we all know and love.

John & Tammy Hoekstra

Florida Sun Devils

thanks for the first hand report John.

With his brass ability (which many may not know just how good a lead he is) and his years of scuba diving - you would think his lungs could take a lot... hopefully this will help his recovery...

Cmon Cozy...get better dude. I am worried about you.

Donny

Cozy,

My wife Susie and I wish you all the best!! We look foward to seeing you in Rachacha again this season!! Get better and know that all of us here in Cincy wish you well.

Jason and Susie Stackhouse

While visiting my inlaws in Birmingham, Tammy and I went up to visit our dear friend Cozy. It is very heart wrenching to see him tied down with tubes and other connections. He was sedated still today, but did open his eyes and try to acknowledge that he knew we were there. We met his sister and her husband who also live in Florida. We will visit him a couple more times before we head back home on Sunday. He is still in for a heck of a fight with this. Although he's better then when he came in, he's still not back to the Cozy we all know and love.

John & Tammy Hoekstra

Florida Sun Devils

Cozy,

We're all pulling for you up in Rachacha. A bunch of us will be together this weekend and we'll muster up some extra mojo to send your way.

Tom and Sandy Allen