Jerrrrrrrrrrsey Surf!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, with all their success in regards to talent, membership, and their move into World Class; are they now going to up the maturity level of their programming? I don't think that Songs From The Back Of The Bus or Elvis in Vegas will cut it in Division I.

Good for them, though. Another corps in Division I and another corps reaping the rewards of hard work.

The past few seasons Surf has had very mature programs, especially last year. But I really don't see why having a "serious" would hinder them competitively. (see Glassmen 2008)

So, with all their success in regards to talent, membership, and their move into World Class; are they now going to up the maturity level of their programming? I don't think that Songs From The Back Of The Bus or Elvis in Vegas will cut it in Division I.

Good for them, though. Another corps in Division I and another corps reaping the rewards of hard work.

c'mon. the corps has taken huge steps forward since those programs, which were in 1996 and 2004, respectively. that's a while. they have just about an entirely new instructional staff since 2004.

How about Bridgemen or VK? It's possible to have a fun show and still be good!

Are you serious? Excellence reaps rewards, not boring programing. Surf is known for creativity and challenging the status quo. I welcome hi-jinks, fun, inside jokes and good times on the field. Have you ever seen the Velvet Knights? I'm looking forward to Surf's 09 offering, the zanier it is the more souvies I will buy from them this summer.