Sad News from Mighty St. Joe's

We knew Curt had some health problems that were being dealt with, but nothing that would have indicated something like this. It is very sad news indeed.

Our very sincere condolences go out to Margaret and to all our friends at MSJ who will be dealing with this on a more immediate basis. To those who knew him, we know how much he will be missed in the drum corps activity. To those who didn't know him, suffice to say that the drum corps world has again lost another stalwart

Laura & Gord Moffatt

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are not words to explain how we feel ..... hearing this sad news.

I personally thought of Curt as a true friend and a man with a level head. He always listened no matter what the issue. His thought and insight always brought the correct decision after timely deep thought, regardless of the consequences. A true gift.

To Margaret especially, Sherry and I say we are heartily sorry for your loss.

God Bless You Curt and take You in his arms. You will not be forgotten by your many friends ....

We all loved you dearly.

Doug & Sherry Mellenthine / The Ghost Riders and all your Friend from Parts Unkown

A shock indeed. Curt was a true gentleman and exemplified team spirit. He will be deeply missed.

My thoughts and prayers to Margaret and family.

God Speed Curt!

With deep sympathy,

Joey

Edited by JoeSop1

Here is the arrangement information:

Calling Hours will be this Thursday, Dec. 4 from 4:00 P.M. until 8:00 P.M. at the Alvah Halloran & Son Funeral Home, 2125 Chili Ave., Rochester, NY 14624 (this is actually at the corners of Chili Ave. and Howard/Beahan Rds. across from the Super Walmart in Gates), #585-247-7590

Church Services will be this Friday, Dec. 5 at 11:00 A.M. at the Calvary Chapel/Westside, 2407 Union St., Spencerport NY, 14559 (at the intersection of Ogden Townline Rd.) #585-352-3150

There will be a reception in celebration of Curt's life to immediately follow the church service at the Chili Post American Legion, 450 Chili-Scottsville Rd (Rte. 386), Scottsville NY, 14546 (at the corner of Stryker Rd.) #585-889-1830

Condolences can be sent to: Margaret Anderson & Family, 16 Alder Bush, Rochester NY, 14624

Edited by MSJ Snare

DCA recognizes the passing of a dear "friend"

http://dcanews1.blogspot.com/

Curt Anderson was a great man. He was a gentleman, a true friend, a loving and caring father and an asset to drum corps. He had a terrific sense of humor. As you all know, in this activity we call drum corps, it's very difficult to spend time in it without offending or upsetting someone. It's the nature of the beast. But in my 35 years of knowing Curt, I do not know of one person who came in contact with him, who disliked him. Despite his imposing size, his manner was gentle and understanding, while being diplomatic and strong. We could all learn, as I have, from Curt.

Curt is gone, but he'll never be forgotten, he is loved dearly by all of us in his Mighty St. Joe's family.

My condolences To Curt's family, the gentle giant who was a friend to all that knew him and a great man, rest in peace my friend,,Doug Beecher