Always wanted to march in the Bridgemen buuuuuutttt

It's funny the stuff you forget though - I can't remember anyone ever calling it "Hymn" to the last whale, but I trust Mr. Jordan's memory a lot more than I do mine.

And oddly, now that I look at it, the top the the contra part just says "To The Last Whale". My part is very rich and sounds like La Mer by Dubussy. Very familiar low chording--played a bit of it with 2002 Santa Clara Vanguard Alumni Corps, in a brighter key of course.

Lynn, hope your feeling better and see BOTH of you real soon! For the record, I did not listen to CSN either until I was in college. These "old guys" tend to forget that some of us were still in grade school when they were doing this music on the field!!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich ~ we played it last year too. :rolleyes:

:thumbup: *just reminding you of what a pain in the butt you used to think i was.* :thumbup:

Hey "Tour Guide Barbie"!

Please hook Rich up with a good deal to NY/NJ for a few horn sessions with the bananas!!!

THANK YOU!!! :thumbup:

PS - It's already better this year! A few minor modifications were made, and the groove is much better!!!

"Big Noise from Winnetka", the BRIDGEMEN arrangment, is the one tune I ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY have to play in drum corps before I die.

And YOU'RE PLAYING IT. THIS YEAR.

(grumble, whine because there's no way I could afford to do it from CA............grumble, whine)

Flights are cheap now, we will take care of housing. The Holiday Inn I stayed at was very inexpensive and VERY posh. I have a room, you have a room. I.E., if you flew in Saturday to the next camp, you would get in a late, but make the weekend, with a full day on Sunday. Your price for a non stop flight from San Francisco to Newark is $259, on Priceline. Orbitz may offer a better deal sometimes. It may be cheaper to fly in on Friday after work too.

Hey "Tour Guide Barbie"!

:rolleyes:

no one's called me TGB in a while.

And oddly, now that I look at it, the top the the contra part just says "To The Last Whale". My part is very rich and sounds like La Mer by Dubussy. Very familiar low chording--played a bit of it with 2002 Santa Clara Vanguard Alumni Corps, in a brighter key of course.

Lynn, hope your feeling better and see BOTH of you real soon! For the record, I did not listen to CSN either until I was in college. These "old guys" tend to forget that some of us were still in grade school when they were doing this music on the field!!! :rolleyes:

Here's a video that's titled just "To the Last Whale":

http://www.imeem.com/imalreadygone/video/H...ve_music_video/

Mike

PS - I LOVE it!!!

\\

Wow - you are of course correct...

"Drecky?" (I guess I'll just sniffle indignantly - although I didn't listen to this when I was a kid, first hearing the Nash-Young piece AFTER the corps played it, at which time I was a 26 year old father of one. Still, Drecky?

(sniffle)

It's funny the stuff you forget though - I can't remember anyone ever calling it "Hymn" to the last whale, but I trust Mr. Jordan's memory a lot more than I do mine.

--------------------

Drecky - - is a term I use because my husband (CBA) and I have totally different tastes and did even when we were younger......so I said that to tweak him a bit.......

C,S,N&Y were never on my play list as a hideous youth, so the ONLY way I know this tune is from my favorite BANANAS of all time the Bridgemen.

-------------------

It doesn't matter to me what we call it - - I AM PLAYING SPANISH DREAMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO-HOO and that is all I have ever wanted to do since back in the day.

Actually as long as I wear the uniform, and am in the line I am in with the wonderful crew we have....... it all is just icing on the cake to me at this point............

Blondie.

speaking of which, whale watching boat trip this summer? the girls would love it!!!

---------------------

HMMMMMMMMMMM............ they would, but they like staring at bananas too..............

Love Blondie.

---------------------

HMMMMMMMMMMM............ they would, but they like staring at bananas too..............

Love Blondie.

"Ah, now there's a naughty bit o' crumpet!"

goodkng2.jpg

--------------------

Drecky - - is a term I use because my husband (CBA) and I have totally different tastes and did even when we were younger......so I said that to tweak him a bit.......

C,S,N&Y were never on my play list as a hideous youth, so the ONLY way I know this tune is from my favorite BANANAS of all time the Bridgemen.

-------------------

It doesn't matter to me what we call it - - I AM PLAYING SPANISH DREAMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO-HOO and that is all I have ever wanted to do since back in the day.

Actually as long as I wear the uniform, and am in the line I am in with the wonderful crew we have....... it all is just icing on the cake to me at this point............

Blondie.

Ya know, though... I do have an item of performance practice about this coming year - are we going to have the line drop to its knees on the hit at the end, and if so, who will be responsible for getting them all back up?

just wondering...

Ya know, though... I do have an item of performance practice about this coming year - are we going to have the line drop to its knees on the hit at the end, and if so, who will be responsible for getting them all back up?

just wondering...

-----------------

Well I think there was a discussion about this last year and we wanted to do the Bridgemen "faint"....... My answer was to have ambulances (fake or real depending on the necessity - - hahahaha) come scoop the bodies up.............

Not sure most of it wouldn't be "real"......

Um - I am in for the drop of course..... not right now in my current condition, but I will do anything at least once.

Blondie.