Always wanted to march in the Bridgemen buuuuuutttt

Take rental car and cross Bayonne Bridge into Staten Island. Follow signs for 278 East/Verrazano Bridge/Brooklyn. Cross Verrazano Bridge (still on 278 East) & take Exit 18 and follow signs for Fort Hamilton Parkway (you should be on 86th Street). Follow 86th Street down to 3rd Avenue and take right on 3rd Avenue. Follow all the way down to 74th Street. Start looking for parking.

Vesuvio's Pizza between 73rd & 74th. BEST. PIZZA. EVER.

and it's not NY style pizza ~ it IS NY pizza.

No ... No, no, no, no, no. Liz ... You are leading people astray again.

Ninos on 5th Avenue & Bay Ridge Parkway is where you want to go for the best pizza around.

Vesuvio's is only second-best (Note: This is a semi-religious disagreement between Bay Ridge natives that may not be understandable to non-denizens of the 'hood.)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...snip....

Its been a dream for me to try to re-create as best as we can the magic that was the Bridgemen, and each year we inch closer and closer ......to show the new school just how good the old school was....each in our own way.Whats more is that the ....snip....

Just had to chime in,,, I first saw the magic of the Bridgemen in 76,,, prelims and finals,,, and i was totally blown away,, saw you guys in 77 and 78... and,,,,

well.. 30 years later,,, i had the awesome priviledge to see you guys again in allentown,,, my first live DC show in,, yes,, 30 years... to say i was in tears would probably be an understatement,,, besides Phantom, whom i have a personal interest in,, you guys made my 9 hour trip from Brantford worthwhile,,,

In my mind,, you more than captured the magic in 08,,, and somehow,, i want to see you guys in 09,,,

The only thing missing from allentown performance??... the Bridgemen 'faint' of course,,,, but i was only slightly disappointed it didn't happen,,, lol

If i had the means,,, and the time,,,, I'd be wearing the banana coat for sure,,, and ,, well, you never know the future,,,

No ... No, no, no, no, no. Liz ... You are leading people astray again.

Ninos on 5th Avenue & Bay Ridge Parkway is where you want to go for the best pizza around.

Vesuvio's is only second-best

(Note: This is a semi-religious disagreement between Bay Ridge natives that may not be understandable to non-denizens of the 'hood.)

:doh:

*emphasis added*

:smile::cool::sad:

Just had to chime in,,, I first saw the magic of the Bridgemen in 76,,, prelims and finals,,, and i was totally blown away,, saw you guys in 77 and 78... and,,,,

well.. 30 years later,,, i had the awesome priviledge to see you guys again in allentown,,, my first live DC show in,, yes,, 30 years... to say i was in tears would probably be an understatement,,, besides Phantom, whom i have a personal interest in,, you guys made my 9 hour trip from Brantford worthwhile,,,

In my mind,, you more than captured the magic in 08,,, and somehow,, i want to see you guys in 09,,,

The only thing missing from allentown performance??... the Bridgemen 'faint' of course,,,, but i was only slightly disappointed it didn't happen,,, lol

If i had the means,,, and the time,,,, I'd be wearing the banana coat for sure,,, and ,, well, you never know the future,,,

Thank you very much for your post, DoctorNik!

If and when you're ever ready to join our family, we'll welcome you with open arms!

We will be at Allentown, again this year, so please stop by and say hello!

...Jim

P.S. - Phantom was AMAZING last year!!! :smile::cool::sad:

Thank you very much for your post, DoctorNik!

If and when you're ever ready to join our family, we'll welcome you with open arms!

We will be at Allentown, again this year, so please stop by and say hello!

...Jim

Be sure to stop by the souvie booth, as they have one of our hats and a mirror, so that you can see what you look like in one!!! :smile:

P.S. - Phantom was AMAZING last year!!! :smile::cool::sad:

Jim, what are the final details for the next practice? I believe the drumline is doing a clinic. What are the practice times and days for the hornline and guard?

That is true.

The corps usually does a halftime show for the Raiders football team near the end of the summer and it always blows me away how receptive the crowd is -- especially since they're there mainly to see a football game.

Everyone, especially the people of Racine, love the Kilties. You wear the plaid. You know what I mean! Everyone loves the Bridgemen too, especially the people out east and in Bayonne!

Be sure to stop by the souvie booth, as they have one of our hats and a mirror, so that you can see what you look like in one!!! :smile:

i actually tried that last year,, but they wouldn't let me buy the hat lol...

so i had to settle for a tshirt, ball cap and golf shirt instead :(

btw,,, i looked great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Jim, what are the final details for the next practice? I believe the drumline is doing a clinic. What are the practice times and days for the hornline and guard?

-------------------

Dale - - Full rehearsal on Sunday, the 8th and an alternate or voluntary rehearsal on the 7th..............

Jim, probably has more info.

Blondie