Always wanted to march in the Bridgemen buuuuuutttt

Lynn, hope your feeling better and see BOTH of you real soon! For the record, I did not listen to CSN either until I was in college. These "old guys" tend to forget that some of us were still in grade school when they were doing this music on the field!!! :smile:

===============

Thanks Dale -- we have to coordinate a chicken wing delivery for the next time we are together. Let me know when that is and lets see what we can do..........

Love Blondie.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just happened to watch the '78 DVD last night. This is the song where y'all made the wedge/cone rotation off of the 50, right?

If I didn't look so good in plaid, I think I'd go Bananas. :smile:

The Kilties were always one of my favorite corps from back in the day.......I remember like it was yesterday the kindness the people from Racine showed the Bridgemen when we were up there for the Kilties show...... CHEERS TO YOU ALL !!!!!!

Rick #3

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you all know that the Bridgemen Drumline will be doing a Drum clinic at Scotch Plains High School Next Sat Feb 7th with the great Tommy Igoe of Bridgemen/Broadway and Big Band fame.....

If your in the area why not stop down and check it out, last year was a blast and i expect this year will be better !!!!!!

RICK #3

Thanks Dale -- we have to coordinate a chicken wing delivery for the next time we are together. Let me know when that is and lets see what we can do..........

Love Blondie.

I am really jonzin' for a NY style pizza!!!

I am really jonzin' for a NY style pizza!!!

Take rental car and cross Bayonne Bridge into Staten Island. Follow signs for 278 East/Verrazano Bridge/Brooklyn. Cross Verrazano Bridge (still on 278 East) & take Exit 18 and follow signs for Fort Hamilton Parkway (you should be on 86th Street). Follow 86th Street down to 3rd Avenue and take right on 3rd Avenue. Follow all the way down to 74th Street. Start looking for parking.

Vesuvio's Pizza between 73rd & 74th. BEST. PIZZA. EVER.

and it's not NY style pizza ~ it IS NY pizza.

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you all know that the Bridgemen Drumline will be doing a Drum clinic at Scotch Plains High School Next Sat Feb 7th with the great Tommy Igoe of Bridgemen/Broadway and Big Band fame.....

If your in the area why not stop down and check it out, last year was a blast and i expect this year will be better !!!!!!

RICK #3

That entire event sounds great! I was at the PIRT meeting held at Immaculata, and John told us all about it. Has the finals drummer been officially contracted, if you know? He wasn't as of that meeting. I am telling the kids in my band, but I don't hold out too much hope of any going, since it's a bt of a drive from West Windsor-Plainsboro.

The Kilties were always one of my favorite corps from back in the day.......I remember like it was yesterday the kindness the people from Racine showed the Bridgemen when we were up there for the Kilties show...... CHEERS TO YOU ALL !!!!!!

Rick #3

Thanks, but since I wasn't a Jr. Kilt, I can't take credit for that...

Thanks, but since I wasn't a Jr. Kilt, I can't take credit for that...

There was always a tight bond between the two corps. Jim Jordan and I were talking about this very same thing on Saturday. Racine crowds will go *wild* for good drum corps! Something about that yellow and black...

kiltmea.jpg

themadmjr.jpg

Take rental car and cross Bayonne Bridge into Staten Island. Follow signs for 278 East/Verrazano Bridge/Brooklyn. Cross Verrazano Bridge (still on 278 East) & take Exit 18 and follow signs for Fort Hamilton Parkway (you should be on 86th Street). Follow 86th Street down to 3rd Avenue and take right on 3rd Avenue. Follow all the way down to 74th Street. Start looking for parking.

Vesuvio's Pizza between 73rd & 74th. BEST. PIZZA. EVER.

and it's not NY style pizza ~ it IS NY pizza.

I had Angelo's before the '07 Macy's parade. Bayonne has a nice pie shop, but I cannot remember the name. Very distinctive and delicious! Hey, maybe you can take me on a fieldtrip Liz??? :smile:

There was always a tight bond between the two corps. Jim Jordan and I were talking about this very same thing on Saturday. Racine crowds will go *wild* for good drum corps! Something about that yellow and black...

kiltmea.jpg

themadmjr.jpg

That is true.

The corps usually does a halftime show for the Raiders football team near the end of the summer and it always blows me away how receptive the crowd is -- especially since they're there mainly to see a football game.