Blue Devils Reaction to Finals

Yeah I normally don't pull for Florida in ANYTHING, but i can make an exception when it means a national title for the SEC. Yes, I am still in the Pride.

thanks for doing the Circle Drill against Bama...it made the trip up there worth it ('cause the football team sure as heck didn't do well and b/c i had to ride with two Bama fans there!)

Here's my progression:

In 2007, I believe that the Blue Devils stole a championship from the Cadets. Don't get me wrong, both corps were great, but the Cadets had a harder show and did it just as well. If finals were anywhere else than the Rose Bowl, The Cadets probably would of won. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think the crowd won the show for the Blue Devils in 2007. In 2008, Phantom Regiment in my honest opinion stole a championship from the Blue Devils. Everybody knew it was going to happen. The judges, the crowd, the announcer, everyone. Phantom was phenomenal this year, but Phantom Regiment is DCIs baby because DCI is currently trying to keep its fans. If the "Big, Bad, Blue Devils" won, what would DCI have to celebrate? I mean honestly, when Phantom won, DCI.org went bazerk with "Phantom Wins!" and "Spartacus!" and all this attention that no other corps got when they won a championship. The crowd has won the past two championships IMO. If the crowd wanted the Blue Devils to win that night, they would of - it's that simple to me. This activity is losing respect because DCI is forced to let politics slip into the system to save this activity. It's getting ridiculous.

So to comment on the topic, I see this in two ways:

- I feel bad for the Blue Devils losing by .025 when they probably should of won

- I don't feel bad for the Blue Devils because they won in 2007 when I don't think they should of

I digress.

So even though Phantom has a ring that belongs to BD and BD has a ring that belongs to the Cadets, it's still not acceptable to act the way that a lot of corps acted on finals night. Show some class.

oh suck it up sob sister.

thanks for doing the Circle Drill against Bama...it made the trip up there worth it ('cause the football team sure as heck didn't do well and b/c i had to ride with two Bama fans there!)

OOOO that sounds rough. Almost an entire side of my family pulls for Arkansas, so we mess with each other at the holidays. I love doing Circle Drill. It is my favorite show we do just because of the reaction it gets from our fans.

OOOO that sounds rough. Almost an entire side of my family pulls for Arkansas, so we mess with each other at the holidays. I love doing Circle Drill. It is my favorite show we do just because of the reaction it gets from our fans.

'twas rough, but it would've been worse had they not won! and lord knows it would've been taken out on me even though i bought the tickets, hotel (yea hilton points!), a dinner, AND a tank of gas!

atleast it's basketball season now and i can cheer on my Lady Vols and Pearl & Co.

/back on topic

Edited by chaos001

Sarcasm on:

Gee, I’ve never heard other countries refer to Americans as arrogant and classless.

I’ve never heard news stories about arrogant and classless American celebrities, athletes, businesspeople, politicians etc.

Sarcasm off:

Why should we expect kids to magically change into something else just because they’re in a drum corps?

What we really need is a committee to watch all the corps, the staffs, parents, and fans in the stands. All classless acts should be posted on a forum and tallied through the end of the calendar year (To allow all classless acts in response to any Finals results and the fallout resulting thereof) at which time the winner will be announced.

This would be the responsibility of the Committee Against Classless Acts. Hmmm... what would be a good acronym?

Sarcasm? Maybe just a little.

By that standard no corps ever won a title. They just slept the summer away and woke up on a Saturday evening to take the field and ###### the gold.

Actually from reading this...

So even though Phantom has a ring that belongs to BD and BD has a ring that belongs to the Cadets...

...you could say that Phantom has the ring that belongs to The Cadets. :smile:

I'd like to add...there are people from all corps finals night who do something that make themselves and their organization look bad...This is not a fair topic to single out the Blue Devils. Each Drum Corps puts a lot of emotion into their shows, and you know what...so what if people from Blue Devils were up set for losing, or Cavaliers getting 3rd place, etc...Finals night releases many emotions that I'm sure people will regret later on if they make wrong choices. Please...don't blame everything just on the Blue Devils. There were many other corps members who did things that night to release stress, and emotions by making their corps look bad.

since other people are doing it, that makes it acceptable?

if you look bad, you look bad. perception is reality.

end of thought.

"People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along? Can we stop making it, making it horrible for the older people and the kids?...It’s just not right. It’s not right. It’s not, it’s not going to change anything. We’ll, we’ll get our justice....Please, we can get along here. We all can get along. I mean, we’re all stuck here for a while. Let’s try to work it out. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to work it out." - Rodney King, May 1, 1992

"People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along? Can we stop making it, making it horrible for the older people and the kids?...It’s just not right. It’s not right. It’s not, it’s not going to change anything. We’ll, we’ll get our justice....Please, we can get along here. We all can get along. I mean, we’re all stuck here for a while. Let’s try to work it out. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to work it out." - Rodney King, May 1, 1992

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King

In May 1991, he was arrested on suspicion of trying to run over a vice officer who allegedly found him with a transvestite prostitute in Hollywood.

In 1993, King entered an alcohol rehabilitation program and was placed on probation after crashing his vehicle into a block wall in downtown Los Angeles.

In July 1995, he was arrested by Alhambra police, who alleged that he hit his wife with his car, knocking her to the ground. He was sentenced to 90 days in jail after being convicted of hit and run.

On August 27, 2003, King was arrested again for speeding and running a red light while under the influence of alcohol. He failed to yield to police officers and slammed his SUV into a house, breaking his pelvis.

On November 29, 2007, While going home King was shot in the face, arms, back and torso with birdshot by two thieves attempting to steal his bicycle, but his injuries were characterized as not life threatening.

King currently appears on the second season of Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew, which premiered in October 2008.

:smile:

...you could say that Phantom has the ring that belongs to The Cadets. :smile:

No. No transitive property of drum corps for you.

Come in thirteenth and tell me second is the worst.

Stand there as 10 scores are read off and find out score #11 is yours, and tell me coming in 13th is worse. While we all play politically correct and claim it's not about "winning," there is a score, and for a person or corps to come in second, they are the "biggest loser." No one lost worse than they did. Trust me, this is something I know A LOT about! Second = :smile: