Blue Devils Reaction to Finals

So giving a worthy young man from a drum corps that succeeded as much as they did is a "hissy fit"?

Im sorry, but your first sentence doesnt actually make sense in any context I can see, so I cant really respond to it. I've never considered myself a grammar nazi when it comes to dcp, but at least try and make a statement instead of stringing random words together... :thumbdown:

what would happen if bd dropped out of the top 5?

think about...

You know...I really stopped caring about this when it was still a part of the other thread. But, obviously I care enough to post. Eh, such is me.

Only one corps wins...except in those DCI SPECIAL years.

All the other corps lose.

The real losers are the ones who still complain about it in December. It happened...it's over...no one was killed...and now it is time to move on.

what would happen if bd dropped out of the top 5?

think about...

I have. The world would not end. Life on this planet would go on, and another corps would take their place. Is that so wrong? Why are we all so wrapped up in BD, Cavies, Cadets, and worring that the activity would somehow cease to exist if they weren't in the top 3-5?

The question for me is not whether one or two individuals did something unprofessional and out of character of the positive 'image' of the corps -- the question is, what did the corps do about it? Regardless of which corps did what -- I've read here about members of a certain corps' bass drum line being drunk and beliggerent at finals. What did the corps do about this? IF any of the members were not ageouts, are the offending members welcome back? I know that director issued a public apology. What else? I understand about the members who foolishly ruined America/O Canada and ruined Phantom's moment. What did their corps do? Are they welcomed back with open arms? When the members of the Cavaliers lay on the ground in the Cadets' block and Mr. Hopkins had to remove the member, what happened? (If I recall the official word from the corps was this was just playacting and therefore no apology was necessary).

Young people do dumb things and make mistakes from time to time. To me, where the behavior reflects on the organization the kid's a part of is determined by the corps' handling of the issue -- or the lack of handling it).

If I put my heart and soul into an entire season and lost out on the championship by .025, I'd be bummed, but if I did something dumb that reflected poorly on my corps, I would hope the corps would do something about it.

" 1 -- perfection is not possible; "

I was too lazy to take the time and quote the person that originally posted this.

But I'm sure many will agree with me and say,

No Duh.

But in Drum Corps, sadly you don't settle for being good. You settle for being perfect.

You know you can't attain it - but you do everything within your power to try to attain it.

Just my 2 cents

Back to the original topic.

Edited by Notorious T-U-B-A