DCA to DCI

DCA to DCI  

118 members have voted

1. 1. If any DCA corps could go DCI, which 1 do you think it would be?

• Buccaneers
    • Minnesota Brass
    • Empire Statesmen
    • Hurricanes
    • Caballeros
    • Bushwackers
    • Brigadiers
    • Renegades
    • CorpsVets
    • Crusaders
    • Alliance
    • Fusion Core
    • Chops Inc
    • SoCal Dream
    • Music City Legend
    • Kilties
    • Grenadiers
    • Govenaires
    • White Sabers
    • Carolina Gold
    • Gulf Coast Sound
    • Lakeshoremen
    • Frontier
    • Shenandoah Sound

The talent level, the drive and desire and the age for the most part of all DCA corps could compete in the DCI.

The time commitment and the monetary needs of a DCI corps are the only things that will keep any DCA corps from going DCI.

I think the better question is what DCI corps would be moving to DCA because of the economy?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the better question is what DCI corps would be moving to DCA because of the economy?

Obama is going to fix all that right?So we need not worry?

All of them! Or None of them!

Any DCA corps who would intend to move to DCI would have to play DCI's game which would make any corps viable. No one from DCA including Reading could take their present program to DCI World Class or otherwise. Something would have to change to meet that criteria, which levels the playing field. Everyone has to do the same thing.

I don't exactly think the DCA to DCI thing is a complement to anyone in DCA anyway! We do what we do and they do what they do. They don't have to parallel! As said before apples and oranges.

When you think about it...SCVC or BDB would most likely beat the top DCA corps...and they are Open Class, so why would anyone really want to? Stay in DCA and have fun...

As much as I want to say that the DCA corps would compete in DCI, it is not even a possibility. The DCI shows are driven visually by corps doing stuff that needs to be perfected daily by young performers that are physically fit. Anyone that thinks that is not the truth can keep dreaming. There is a possibility that brass and percussion could compete in the 12-17 range, but because the visual demand is not (and cannot possibly be) as high, the sheets may also deny a higher placement. Certain captions may do well, but overall the guard caption and visual captions would make the biggest seperation of the two circuits.

Could the Bucs (DCA) beat the Colts (DCI)? What about Pacific Crest? Academy? Troopers?

We have been through this many times...

Donny

When you think about it...SCVC or BDB would most likely beat the top DCA corps...and they are Open Class, so why would anyone really want to? Stay in DCA and have fun...

As much as I want to say that the DCA corps would compete in DCI, it is not even a possibility. The DCI shows are driven visually by corps doing stuff that needs to be perfected daily by young performers that are physically fit. Anyone that thinks that is not the truth can keep dreaming. There is a possibility that brass and percussion could compete in the 12-17 range, but because the visual demand is not (and cannot possibly be) as high, the sheets may also deny a higher placement. Certain captions may do well, but overall the guard caption and visual captions would make the biggest seperation of the two circuits.

Could the Bucs (DCA) beat the Colts (DCI)? What about Pacific Crest? Academy? Troopers?

We have been through this many times...

Donny

Unfortunately, Donny is right! As much as I wish I could dance like an 18 year old I could not keep up. During one show my wife remarked that she gave me a 50/50 chance of getting back up when I bent over to pick up another instrument to play. We all have Monday thru Friday jobs and can not devote any time to daily practice or to be gone for a straight 3 months in the summer.

Donny

I disagree. The visual demand is only slightly more demanding between the Bucs and Alliance or BDB and SCVC. I think the Bucs are achieving a MUCH better brass sound than BDB or SCVC and Alliance's drumline could definitely rival those two as well. As for World Class, I don't think the Academy's visual book was that much more demanding (if at all) than the Bucs or Alliance. I think DCA corps could pull off some "upsets." It would just take all of the pieces lining up.

Keep in mind how well Magic did in 2002, and there was zero jazz running done. It can be done with a good design.

guys - viva la difference

you are all talking about apples and oranges...

The real question is this... is the paying customer happy after the show? Do they feel they got their money's worth?

NO paying customers, no drum corps...

Of course I am still entertained by the DCA corps, but people come on here trying to compare something that is not comparable...

Donny

Exactly