Conqueor II = Concrete 11

Blue Saints = Blue Stains

Edited by ripper

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raiders - Bay-own Bridgemen

I haven't heard that one before, but it makes sense. A couple of good nicknames I've heard for this corps were the Raiders of the Lost Cause and the Radars (that one's from an announcer mispronunciation I believe).

Speaking of which, this is a great thread to discuss announcer flaws! I'm sure a lot of nicknames could come out of those! :tongue:

It is definitely the Jersey Smurf.....

and going along with Magic, I knew something similar but a bit different.....Tragic of PoorBando

or Tragic of Bore-lando

I remember a bus driver and myself...up late driving one night...were discussing political correctness. So we decided for the rest of the tour we'd no longer use any non-PC terms in drum corps.

Glasspeople or Glassfolks

Crosspeople or Crossfolks

etc..

Too much coffee...too little sleep. I still call them the Glass People. Of course...their olde name....Mommy's Sins comes to mind as well.

Funny...I remember calling Phantom that.

From History of the Racine Scouts,....

When the musical Explorer Scout post was formed, the boys doffed their official Boy Scout fatigue green uniforms

for the red, white and blue uniforms of today. Now officially they became the Racine Explorer Scout drum and bugle

corps, however they immediately became more affectionately called the “Chrome Domes” because of their shiny

new chrome uniform helmets.

For a period of time Adidas put "The Brand With The 3 Stripes" on all their gear.

So For a little while there I was calling Crown "The Band With The 3 Stripes"

With a British accent:

"On the starting line, from Reverse Massive two shirts (minus the "r" :tongue: ) Two Seven Thu uh Lancers!"

Blah Knights, from Denver CO

Tragic of Snore-lando

Black Fold, from Tulsa OK

Nobody said any for Pioneer yet?

Pile o' Queers (known by many)

Milwaukee Mickeys (known by none, I made it up and never shared it with anyone until now.)

And while Capitol Sound was still under the same organizational umbrella as the Madison Scouts, they received alot of the Scouts' old percussion and guard equipment and some old guard uniforms too, which led them to be known as:

Capitol Hand-me-down