2009 - A season of surprises?

Who do you think is going to come out and surprise the drum corps community this year?

I think the Cadets will surprise us all in that a "traditional" can have a modern, entertaining spin on it.

I think Crown will come out fighting in a whole new way, but will place around 8th (just a guess), but will be the fan favorite. I think they're going to rattle the cage this year.

Spirit- I think they will be really impressive this year. They could've made finals last year if their visual program was better. They're gonna surprise us with a popular show.

Colts- they're going to surprise us with how far they've fallen in the last few years...

Jersey Surf- they're going to surprise people with how "good" you can be without the standard touring schedule

Pioneer- they will surprise many and won't finish last!

Your turn........

I think Phantom, Cadets and BD are going to battle for the title.

I think Pioneer climbs out of the basement

I think Cavies have a down year.

I think all the "Blue" corps make finals again. Maybe all in top 8!

I think Crown fails to live up to expectations.

I think the Scouts will be in 12th place again.

I think Jersey Surf will be done on Thursday night.

I think Troop has a breakthrough year.

I think Spirit will barely slide into Friday night.

I think synth will be tastefully used by most.

I think SCV will be back into the top 5.

I think Phantom, Cadets and BD are going to battle for the title.

I think Pioneer climbs out of the basement

I think Cavies have a down year.

I think all the "Blue" corps make finals again. Maybe all in top 8!

Those aren't surprises. Those are placements. That thread is called "First 2009 Prediction Poll - All World Class Corps."

I've heard Phantom already has a few surprises up their sleeve... don't know if they do or not, but it should be quite interesting. I also agree with OP about a lot of things, especially Crown and Pioneer.

Edited by Stryfe

Colts will surprise people in how they have come in mature show concept, a cleaner darker sound, and have come back to be contenders in the lower to mid top 12.

Blue Stars will surprise people with a similar, but not higher placement for a very "band-o" sounding (*note* sounding) program.

Madison Scouts will surprise audiences in exactly how far they've come from last year.

Blue Knights will surprise the community in falling from the top twelve.

Crossmen will surprise in that renewed enthusiasm won't yield higher placement.

The Phantoms of Rockford will bring back the wedge and kick.

The Crest of the Pacific will be a serious finals contender.

The Vanguard from Santa Clara will start weak but finish strong, overtaking corps as the season progresses.

The Green Machine from Rosemont will continue to decline unless a new design philosophy is established.

The Blue corps that seemingly gets boo'ed by everyone will come out strong, but the other groups of its caliber will overtake them eventually.

Holyname shall rise again and re-establish itself in the hearts of fans everywhere.

scouts will place higher in music than anyone here could imagine, or be willing to admit to thinking.

id say brass is top 6 for scouts