Cadets camp

I attended Cadets camp this past weekend. WOW, if they don't mess up the programming, this edition of the Cadets is going to amaze! I was fortunate to be there as the brass and percussion played through Cool for the first time, great stuff! The percussion scoring by Colin M. is stellar. This percussion section has a fresh new approach and is overflowing with talent. The brass section appears to have raised the bar from last year and is on pace to be stellar. Very exciting things going on in Cadet land! :tongue:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just preemptively post all the arguments that are going to be added to this thread? Ok, thanks.

1. It's January, there's way of knowing how good a corps is going to be based on that.

2. It's January, everybody says they're doing well right now.

3. Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Narration

4. Blah blah blah blah blah blah amplification blah blah blah blah

6. Blah blah blah synthesizers blah blah blah

7. Blah blah blah blah George Hopkins blah blah blah (I suppose the last four could be treated as one).

8. Why did the Cadets change from their old uniforms? I hate George Hopkins Thank you, 2007 Cadets.

9. Why are they playing West Side Story again? Play something new.

10. I bet they're going to arrange West Side Story in a 2009 fashion and render it completely unrecognizable, and totally not do it justice.

11. Phantom won last year playing Spartacus, maybe Cadets will do well with WSS?

There. Post something new.

Edited by bawker
personal attacks are against forum guidelines and stuff.

I should clarify: this is in no way an attempt to bash the OP. I'm just tired of "camp report" threads descending into the typical discussions and arguments we've all seen here for years.

I should clarify: this is in no way an attempt to bash the OP. I'm just tired of "camp report" threads descending into the typical discussions and arguments we've all seen here for years.

I did consider not starting this thread for the reasons you mentioned, however, I did want to let anyone that would be interested know that the corps is doing really well! I have been following the Cadets for 25 years and I felt an excitement from their camp this past weekend that I have not felt for several years.

Can I just preemptively post all the arguments that are going to be added to this thread? Ok, thanks.

1. It's January, there's way of knowing how good a corps is going to be based on that.

7. Blah blah blah blah George Hopkins blah blah blah (I suppose the last four could be treated as one).

8. Why did the Cadets change from their old uniforms? I hate George Hopkins Thank you, 2007 Cadets.

10. I bet they're going to arrange West Side Story in a 2009 fashion and render it completely unrecognizable, and totally not do it justice.

11. Phantom won last year playing Spartacus, maybe Cadets will do well with WSS?

Best post of 2009!! - funny too :thumbup:

FTMFW!

oh how i envy peachey lolz

I did consider not starting this thread for the reasons you mentioned, however, I did want to let anyone that would be interested know that the corps is doing really well! I have been following the Cadets for 25 years and I felt an excitement from their camp this past weekend that I have not felt for several years.

THANKS FOR POSTING YOUR THOUGHTS :thumbup:

What should we discuss without posts like this? ( what should i eat for lunch? )

. . .

Thank you, good sir. Though now I'm curious what you did for the edit. :S

I'm excited for all the corps this year. Some more than others, and that's why these forums exist, but the Cadets are promising this year. Hooray.