Inaugral parade

Yea, if this thing was scored, the military bands would be ahead of everyone else by twenty points. Great fanfare from the Navy!

Agree. The military bands are outstanding. Their precision is what the Drum Corps movement traces it's lineage to.

Nice job Cadets, and Colts. You made us all proud !

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so if we missed it, anyone know if it's online anywhere we you can see colts and cadets?

It will probably be on every network imaginable. Because it's "historic".

haha every president is historic. its just a marketing scheme!!!

but very cool to see colts and cadets in something like this. too bad it started way late and i heard more katie couric then the actual bands...

will the corps post vids on their websites or anywhere without the news people blabbering over them about pointless crap?

Yes, you are right, I quick check of the Racine Scouts website,

Racine Scouts

shows they are 7 years older than The Cadets.

I think it was oldest "continually performing" or something. I believe Racine hasn't competed every single year since their founding (which is why that honor doesn't go to Governaires, who are even older I believe).

You should have watched CSPAN.

epic fail by me...

i didnt even think of it. i bet they rebroadcast it sometime overnight where i can dvr it. and if thats the case i can probably get it on youtu... that one place.

For clarification for a couple folks here, you guys do know that the "Battle Hymm of the Republic" which the Cadets played was written during the Civil War in 1861, nearly 100 years before the Troopers took the field. My guess would be that Cadets played it because of its historical significance, not as any kind of tribute to our friends from Casper.