Cadets in Parade

I am a died-in-the-wool Republican and have been my whole life. BUT, I have to give a huge nod of respect to President Obama and his wife for staying there through the entire parade. That reviewing stand was virtually empty half way through, but they stayed and interacted with every group right until the end. Our local news channel even said that their "advisors" told them they should be leaving about half way through to get ready for the balls, but the Pres said "these people came a long way to play for me, so we're staying".

I have gained a lot of respect for the new guy because of this :thumbup: .

Agreed! They were very gracious to the performing groups and watched them all. I can remember other inaugurations where the pres. was talking with his back to the parade nearly every time they cut to him.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did anyone see the Ohio State University marching band? Had brass ensemble rehearsel and didn't see most of the parade.

Did they dot the "I" in the middle of Pennsylvania Avenue? :thumbup:

Great job Cadets.

During the swearing in of a new president ,

some country's would roll out the military , tanks , rocket launchers.

We get Marching bands .

yeah for us guys....

They did have Obama's bulletproof, tankproof, meteorproof presidential limo in the parade- does that count? :thumbup:

Colts get the color guard award, but the Cadets choreography was slightly more demanding.... both were fantastic!!

Kudos to Trumbull High School's colorguard- the only scholastic world class guard in the parade - they did well!! Very attractive looking ladies. And Londonairry(sp?) High school was massive!

I am a died-in-the-wool Republican and have been my whole life. BUT, I have to give a huge nod of respect to President Obama and his wife for staying there through the entire parade. That reviewing stand was virtually empty half way through, but they stayed and interacted with every group right until the end. Our local news channel even said that their "advisors" told them they should be leaving about half way through to get ready for the balls, but the Pres said "these people came a long way to play for me, so we're staying".

I have gained a lot of respect for the new guy because of this :thumbup: .

:tongue: Both you and the President are models of class! I hope we see more of this type of respect in the coming years. Of course that's the beauty of drum corps specifically, and the performing arts in general. They bring people together in ways that other activities never do.

:tongue: Both you and the President are models of class! I hope we see more of this type of respect in the coming years. Of course that's the beauty of drum corps specifically, and the performing arts in general. They bring people together in ways that other activities never do.

I couldn't agree with you more! :thumbup: