Married and in drum corps?

In '92, one of our contra players got married to one of the bari players right before the season started - I think they checked with management ahead of time to make sure that there wouldn't be any problems, and that they assured them that they would behave.

I seem to remember that they didn't cling to each other too much - we (the contras) probably spent as much or more time with him, on and off the field, than his wife did.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the summer of 1978 - Guardsmen - we did a southern tour swing down through Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee and Kentucky. One of our tenor drummers (Robert as I recall) and one of our keyboard players (Pam if I'm not mistaken) took off on a free day the corps had, and did not return for two days. When they returned, they were Mr. & Mrs. Robert & Pam whatever the last name was.

I remember at the time being kind of like: "whoa."

Wow, that is CRAZY! Lol.

In 88 or 89 we (east coast corps) got a girl from VK for the color guard. She came out during spring training. I heard that she could no long march VK because she was married, as they had a policy against that.

As far as special sleeping arrangements go, our corps always slept co-ed, no need to get married!

I was married on May 13, 2000 and then proceeded to march my 5th (age-out) year with the Colts. My wife, who had been in marching band and had known me since before I started marching corps went out tour as a volunteer cook for nearly all of the summer.

I was married on May 13, 2000 and then proceeded to march my 5th (age-out) year with the Colts. My wife, who had been in marching band and had known me since before I started marching corps went out tour as a volunteer cook for nearly all of the summer.

Didn't Christian Baughman marry a girl from the Colts? (According to your sig, you may have marched there when he was still DM, so I thought you would know.)

I am married to a 27th Lancer as well; he marched in 78. We even came down the aisle to "Crown Imperial". (Makes for a good wedding march).

Thanks for mentioning that piece! Thats the best 6 minutes of music I've had in ages...I love iTunes and Crown Imperial March was a favorite I had completely forgotton about.

Ummm, the couple I mentioned in post #5 of this thread were married, both marched in our corps in 1974 while married, we were definitely a junior corps, and they even brought their child on tour with them. Is that not what you meant?

yup!!! Whoops - I misread it - - -

That was 1993. The drum major Chad Humpal married Suzie (forget her maiden name) in the colorguard. They were allowed to sleep next to each other in the gym. As far as I know, they are still married. I ran into Suzie a few years ago at a guard show and I think they have 3(?) kids and Chad is a band director.

Yeah I think that's the year - I remember the local PBS station doing an interview with them at the Riverside CA show - I was like whaaa?