Married and in drum corps?

I think I rememebr a DCW article a few years back about a guy who went on tour with one of the big corps shortly after his wedding...his wife allowed it not only because she knew how much it meant to him, she herself was in theater and understood the need to perform.

Darned if I can remember what corps it was, tho.

Maybe Cadets? That sounds like a story of a Cadet member (snare drummer I think) who marched in 2000 (I think) while married to someone not in drum corps. I heard some story about that, but can't remember the details anymore, so forgive me if this is wrong.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Cadets? That sounds like a story of a Cadet member (snare drummer I think) who marched in 2000 (I think) while married to someone not in drum corps. I heard some story about that, but can't remember the details anymore, so forgive me if this is wrong.

Yup...that would be Brian "Smiley" Stockard. married and marching in the Man Line...sadly divorced later, but now happily re-married. Good guy...great drummer! Just marched in the Pres parade with Cadets. Talk about overaged!

Bikini girl, 1987 VK show.

Married.

And OVERAGE!

Which is better than UNDERAGED!!! :glare:

It seems to me there was a couple in the Freelancers that were married. I'm thinking it was 89... but mighht have been 87, or 88. Does anyone know (just for fun of course) who they were? Did it work out? How many other couples are there that were married when they marched??? Did they get sleeping privlages?? Just wondering..... :shutup:

Of course this excludes senior corps and people who met in corps and eventually got married....there has to be thousands of those....

In 1980 at 27th, we had the Parkyns, Bob & Lisa who were married. She playesd snare and he played tenors. Both great people :glare:

In 1980 at 27th, we had the Parkyns, Bob & Lisa who were married. She playesd snare and he played tenors. Both great people :glare:

Weren't the McBurney's (David and Valerie) married in 1979 when they marched together?

I wonder how many drum corps marriages there are period. That would be an interesting statistic.

I am married to a 27th Lancer as well; he marched in 78. We even came down the aisle to "Crown Imperial". (Makes for a good wedding march).

I wonder how many drum corps marriages there are period. That would be an interesting statistic.

I can think of eight couples off the top of my head.