Film Scores for Drum Corps

Clint Mansell's music from Requiem for a Dream or The Fountain would make some great shows.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Dr. Horrible's sing-along blog count as a "film" score? I would love to see some one do this.(if they could find away to do it without excessive vocals) VK or Impluse are the obvious choices. I could even see Phantom using the story line with alternate classical pieces instead of the original tunes. But then I guess that wouldn't be a film score.

Glory/Gettysburg....even thought Spirit touched on Glory in the past...

I'd love to see Spirit touch on Glory again as well as adding some from Gettysburg, even though I think someone else did some of the music from Gettysburg before.

The music from The Right Stuff, The Mission and Miracle could also work quite well IMO.

I would like to see more Korngold, and perhaps something other than The Sea Hawk...

More Jerry Goldsmith. "The Mummy" is an obvious recent choice, but I personally think there's a TON of usable music in his score to "Congo" that I've never seen anyone (HS or DCI) try on the field.

The music from The Right Stuff, The Mission and Miracle could also work quite well IMO.

You had some of " The Right Stuff " right in your backyard:

Carolina Crown " Clair d' lune "

Bring Back Jerome Moross for me!

I'd love for someone to do a whole show based on "Alexander Nevsky," which IMO is the greatest film score of all time. I know Valley Fever did part of it in 1983, but the score is good enough to build a whole show around.

perhaps corps are feaful of comparisons to the awesomeness that was the 1983 Valley Fever?

I'd love for someone to do a whole show based on "Alexander Nevsky," which IMO is the greatest film score of all time. I know Valley Fever did part of it in 1983, but the score is good enough to build a whole show around.

:smile:

perhaps corps are feaful of comparisons to the awesomeness that was the 1983 Valley Fever?

:smile: