DCP should crowdsource a drum corps!

I'd be game, as long as anything not acoustic wasn't allowed. (and that's the problem you'd run into...if you added narration/amps/any other unneeded thing, you'd lose over half your members)

I'd be game, as long as anything not acoustic wasn't allowed. (and that's the problem you'd run into...if you added narration/amps/any other unneeded thing, you'd lose over half your members)

Well, it'd be a corps run by DCP for DCP, so I can't imagine there'd be too many things electronic on the field.

• Like 1

It's been done successfully already with a British football club (roughly the equivalent of a minor league baseball team). The group, http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/ recruited over 30,000 members who all pay an annual subscription fee of 35 pounds each. A year in they bought a team for 600,000 pounds, and the online community owns and operates the club. The community itself has the role of general manager, and all club decisions are discussed in the online forums and voted on.

If enough DCP people and outsiders could be recruited to pay a small membership fee the community could select a staff, decide the corps names and colors, pick out uni's, and design the show. It may sound crazy but these Brits didn't just buy their team, they led it to a championship for the first time in history and are now trying to grow and move up in class so they can compete against the big boys. Exciting stuff! And they really run it as a community, every single decision that would normally be made by a general manager, from authorizing each months expenditures, to roster and staff decisions, to deciding on new marketing schemes is all made by the community. This is a successful and proven business model.

starting proposals:

1) The corps will not use any electronics in any form.

2) Corps instrumentation will include:

-multi keyed brass bell front horns (sorry guys)

-battery and pit percussion

3) No narration, light use of vocals is acceptable, i/e PR 2008

4) The guard will spin more than dance

others????

what should the uniforms look like? I'm thinking random things off other corps' suvi trailers

Something pre-cesario with black shoes and spats...any old 'classic' drum corps unis designs not used anymore?

yeah but we'd have to add the DCP logo somewhere.

I hear the Spartans are taking offers - get it while the stock value is low!!! :rolleyes:

BUT...first in the heart of fans!

theyre their own fans

they would be like barf from space balls, their own best friends!

i love when i can bring random mel brooks quotes into everyday situations