Pioneer still accepting brass and color guard applications

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pioneeruniform.jpg

so after reading this thread and about 20min in paint, i came up with this...

the black on the legs, baldric and gauntlets are outlined in orange. apparently it doesnt show up to well on here

On the field...

From South Park, Colorado...

:thumbup:

pioneeruniform.jpg

so after reading this thread and about 20min in paint, i came up with this...

the black on the legs, baldric and gauntlets are outlined in orange. apparently it doesnt show up to well on here

The orange outlines and other details in this picture are not showing up very well because you saved the image as a JPEG, when it really needed to be saved as a GIF or PNG. The JPEG compression algorithm is great for photos, but it kind of chokes on text, drawings, and diagrams. If you zoom into the picture you posted, you'll see some fuzzy stuff around all of the places you added the orange outline, and in some other places, too. Those are called compression artifacts.

Unfortunately, unless you saved the image in another format before you saved it as a JPEG, then the only option you have if you want to display a pristine image of your design is to re-create it, and save it in the proper format.

1.) Thanks for your input. I encourage you to give the office a call at (414) 327- 2847 or email them from our website and let them know your concerns. We always like to know how to improve our corps, though Roman does have his opinions on how. I would guess that if enough people (probably a huge amount, however) expressed the same concern, something might be done eventually

hasn't worked yet, why assume it could change?

The orange outlines and other details in this picture are not showing up very well because you saved the image as a JPEG, when it really needed to be saved as a GIF or PNG. The JPEG compression algorithm is great for photos, but it kind of chokes on text, drawings, and diagrams. If you zoom into the picture you posted, you'll see some fuzzy stuff around all of the places you added the orange outline, and in some other places, too. Those are called compression artifacts.

Unfortunately, unless you saved the image in another format before you saved it as a JPEG, then the only option you have if you want to display a pristine image of your design is to re-create it, and save it in the proper format.

haha im not to concerned. i was really bored yesterday and thought i'd do something a little creative to pass the time

1.) Thanks for your input. I encourage you to give the office a call at (414) 327- 2847 or email them from our website and let them know your concerns. We always like to know how to improve our corps, though Roman does have his opinions on how. I would guess that if enough people (probably a huge amount, however) expressed the same concern, something might be done eventually.

2.) I personally liked the uniforms that I began with (new plaid sash with orange sequins and black pants) and like the new ones as well, though I agree that they are a bit cookie-cutter. I don't however like the hats as much as Roman. I would prefer the aussies.

3.) The sequins are orange, not red, to go with the corps colors of green, orange and white.

4.) Black pants/gauntlets and forest green sleeves = gross color mismatch.

5.) You should come out to our camp this weekend at Cudahy High School in Cudahy, Wisconsin and watch us rehearse. We'll be there from tonight at 8 pm CST until Sunday afternoon at 4pm CST.

Yeah...too late for a plane ticket from Phoenix I'm afraid. Where are all of you going to be on Memorial Day weekend. I'll be back in the Midwest then. As far as expressing my concerns, I'm not concerned at all. I have an opinon about the uniform. Just like a reviewer for a restaurant. The job is to review, not to help cook.

I totally agree. And Roman has inventoried everything in the past...so they should still be around.

The old aussies are probably in a spot right next to the old pants from the pre-khaki 90's.

Vets will know what I mean :blink:

Getting away from the uniforms and back to the Corps....

I was at show-and-tell yesterday for the ending of Pioneer's February camp. I must say the music this year

is probably some of the best I have heard from this corps. Donny did a great job putting it together!! They

are in need of more horn players and color guard. The drum line is full (I think) and sounds fantastic! They

have a great staff this year covering all sections!

I would suggest anyone looking to march this coming season take a look at joining this corps. I think there next camp is March 13-15 with a St. Paddy's parade in Chicago on Sunday. Check there web-site. You will not be disappointed with the music they are playing, and the staff.

If the drill is anything like the music, getting back into Semi-Finals should be no problem.....if not further.