The Reading Buccaneers

Reading Buccaneers  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What makes them consistently superior?

• Better Design Staff
    • Better Instructional Staff
    • More Talented Membership
    • Better Work Ethic
    • Combination of the above
    • Other

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One word comes to mind that that embodies the Buc's: FOCUS. In every detail of the daily life of this organization. Focus and dedication to excellence by all members at all levels.

Good point, Jim. Everyone involved with the Buccaneers definitely "keep their eyes on the prize" quite well, so to speak.

One thing that really impresses me is that once the season begins, regardless of how far out in front they might be at the first show, the Bucs don't let up. No overconfidence, no slacking off. That's tough to beat. Someone will catch up to them some day, but the Bucs will battle to the end, I'm sure.

All this, plus the performers' turkey dinner at the Spring Preview, makes for a winning combination. :thumbup:

Fran

IMO they have focused on emphasizing their strengths, minimizing their weaknesses. props on that go completely to the staff. the membership has focused on the goals of the staff, and given their all to achieve those goals, instead of approaching them half-heartedly.

combine all those things has produced an incredible package.

IMO, their secret to success is the lack of "down time" at rehearsals.

Every minute is pre-planned, rehearsal time is extremely focused - almost to the minute - so there is no "wasted effort"...

A professional staff who knows how to maximize rehearsal time makes all the difference, IMO...

How many times have the Cabs "come out of nowhere" to win because of focused rehearsals when it counted?

(There have been a couple threads about this very thing here.)

The Bucs do the same thing - but from the get-go, instead of the day before Finals...

(Not a slam!!)

Of course... I could be wrong...

Heh...

I agree with you Fran in that someone will beat them someday and I for one want to be there 'cause it's gonna have to be a helluva show,

but I also agree that the turkey dinner is kickin'......notwithstanding ScrappleFest

Good point, Jim. Everyone involved with the Buccaneers definitely "keep their eyes on the prize" quite well, so to speak.

One thing that really impresses me is that once the season begins, regardless of how far out in front they might be at the first show, the Bucs don't let up. No overconfidence, no slacking off. That's tough to beat. Someone will catch up to them some day, but the Bucs will battle to the end, I'm sure.

All this, plus the performers' turkey dinner at the Spring Preview, makes for a winning combination. :thumbup:

Fran

As they say at the U.S. Naval Academy : KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE BOAT ! I think the Bucs have adhered to that. Plain and simple.

Jim, Ron and Fran nailed it on the head. no time is wasted, the smallest details are planned months in advance and the membership stays focused. The admin team makes so it the members just have to show up and play and march. it's really the most efficient group I've ever seen in action

IMO, their secret to success is the lack of "down time" at rehearsals.

Every minute is pre-planned, rehearsal time is extremely focused - almost to the minute - so there is no "wasted effort"...

A professional staff who knows how to maximize rehearsal time makes all the difference, IMO...

I don't have a freakin' clue personally but this is the first thing I thought of.

This includes marching members who are 100% business with no wasted "Fooling Off" (not the F-word I'm thinking of) time from the second practice starts until the time practice ends.

Also members who bust their hump at home practicing so they are prepared when the corps gets together. (Always a BIG piece in the All-Age/Alumni world).

I think a huge amount of credit goes to the support staff. They have an amazing team of people working behind the scenes to make sure the souvies produce revenue, the truck arrives where and when it needs to, equipment is properly maintained etc. They take care of all of the BS so the members and staff can focus on producing a great performance.