2009: The Year of the...

la mejor

Is anyone else seeing a ton of purple out there? Austin regional had tons.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is safe to say that the music licensing rules have definitely impacted some of the musical selections.

It's the first question people ask when discussing program choices - "Is it on the banned list??"

Have you looked at the link on the wgi website?? It's becoming longer every year!

I think people feel like it's better to pick something safe!

I agree Trish, the banned list is a huge detriment to the activity. But on the other hand, a safe piece of music does not have to be boring.

plus...So many groups this year are using music that has been used already...not hard to be original. IMO. :thumbdown:

Yea Logan is using purple this year too in their outfitt

rhetorical question?why do people scream inapplicably and shreik with approval after world class soloist perform the most banal A class skills? :angry:

I guess the greater question is why that banal skill is being put into an alleged world class program in the first place?

I thought the world class was created to let designers and performers push themselves as far as possible. The result has been a bunch of guards out there who refuse to push themselves creatively because they would risk scoring success. It has become more apparent that they will not get the recognition for pushing themselve that they would for doing an open class level vocabulary to some overdone and basically non-creative show.

This is really the fault of the judging community and evidently it ain't changing anytime soon looking at the score thus far. Maybe someone will start taking a stand now that we are getting deeper into the season.

it's mid season and attention must be paid!

such a shanda,i've recently seen several schoolastic world class guards who frantically rush through their equipment vocab with little regard to timing,detailing,technique or nuance. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

As I read thru I cant help but notice the comments being made about the music and shows being unoriginal and boring. Can I bring your attention to the light Brigade. D**** I just saw them in Atl and despite the music thing that wgi did to them they were AMAZING!!!! Its a must see imho of course.

Mark my words. . .you are going to be hearing A LOT of the song Hometown Glory by Adele in Dayton.

i entered this forum topic just to post that hometown glory by adele is the imogen heap of the season... lol but you beat me to it!! :)

but i do love the song and i like how first flight and byrnes hs both are interpreting it :)

i entered this forum topic just to post that hometown glory by adele is the imogen heap of the season... lol but you beat me to it!! :)

but i do love the song and i like how first flight and byrnes hs both are interpreting it :)

Great Minds! :-) PS. . .Love the Spectrum show this year, congrats on the promotion to IO!

Guilty as charged! :-P We chose purple because we thought it reflected the soundtrack and because we figured "no one uses purple any more!" guess we were wrong :-)