Fruitbreaks

How long have fruitbreaks been common in drum corps?

Since they stopped giving smoke breaks

I don't know when they started, but we had fruit-breaks back in the dark ages when I marched :)

I don't know about fruitbreaks, but I know that there's been a lot of fruitCAKES in the activity over the years. Of course I suppose we can all include ourselves in that catagory. :thumbup:

ugh.

fruit breaks always gave me a serious case of BA (bad attitude)

1. they usually occurred on a LONG rehearsal day, i.e, like in the middle of (2) 3 hour blocks and major show changes sometimes happened, being the reason for the extended rehearsal.

2. by the time you go to the truck, waited in line, got your fruit/juice... it was time to head back to the field. boo.

3. fruit break = shortened dinner break

ugh.

fruit breaks always gave me a serious case of BA (bad attitude)

1. they usually occurred on a LONG rehearsal day, i.e, like in the middle of (2) 3 hour blocks and major show changes sometimes happened, being the reason for the extended rehearsal.

2. by the time you go to the truck, waited in line, got your fruit/juice... it was time to head back to the field. boo.

3. fruit break = shortened dinner break

Yeah..the fruitbreaks that I had ALWAYS involved running to some crazy location and gorging on fruit.

There was never a line because those who were fast enough got there first...and those who werent didnt (I guess that's pretty logical lol).

I guess I wouldnt have been so bitter if the fruitbreak had been like 20 minutes to relax...but I always felt like they were 15 minutes of you cramming yourself with water and sugar so you could rehearse for another block.

Would it kill a corps to give its members a 30 minute break?!