Man ! They got that one wrong !

Controversial Finals Winners  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these just didn't make sense to you?

• 1975 Skyliners
    • 1977 Sunrisers
    • 1981 Hurricanes
    • 1986 Bushwackers
    • 1987 Sunrisers (Rain Out)
    • 1988 TIE Bushwackers - Sunrisers
    • 1989 Bushwackers
    • 1990 Bushwackers
    • 1997 TIE Statesmen - Brigadiers
    • 2003 Hawthorne
    • 1996 Westshoremen

Since I really don't have and DCA experience or participation, tho I do know many of you, I wanna put my own 2 cents in here....

Wait a sec, does rehearsing with Cabs for 6 months, then walking prior to the season count for anything?

"What were they thinking"

How Blessed Sac won the National Dream in '66 or for that matter, plenty of other years as well.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think any show my team didn't win was a travesty and most likely political. :thumbup:

Sorry Tom....

"Team"?

What happened to "CORPS" :smile:

(guess I'm just that old... :thumbup: )

(guess I'm just that old... :thumbup: )

Yes, you are. :smile:

Fran

Well, let's see, which ones did you teach?

Ouch! Did I just write that?? :shutup:

You know I love you Donny!

:smile:

:thumbup::thumbup:

Oh and Im pretty ok with all the outcomes. :thumbup:

You guys really HAVE to be kidding me about 94, right? Not even close...sorry boys. I will give it to you Cabs on a year you should have won, but not that one. Empire was not to be denied...undefeated all year.

And I conceded 93 in 2 posts before that because Bush was very good, but honestly Empire could have won every year from 1990-94. 95 we sucked, but still should have been second, because everyone else except Cabs was having an off year. Westshore was on the comeback and had THAT drum line so they snuck into second. But in 1996, I thought we were a very solid second to Cabs.

Oh yeah, those were some of the corps I taught and wrote for !!! LOL...some great memories. And, I am keeping the focus off the tie in 1997.

I can see why my friends at Bush were OK with the outcomes. You had some great corps as did Cabs and Empire during those years, THAT was competition!!!

Donny

That was my sentiment exactly when I saw that post Donny, and believe me when I say there is no bias for Empire when I say that.. I was marching green team that year (not sure what i was thinking, but that is another post in itself).. But Empire won that finals show hands down and the spread closing was BS... I still listen to that show on my Empire cd.

Father of Kris.. Husband of Danielle...

Edited by Studiomaster

Yes, you are. :thumbup:

Fran

Thanks.... :smile: (at least that stops the guessing.... LOL)

:thumbup:

Well, everyone disagrees, every year. It's just how competition is. Care ( or dare) to share YOUR disagreements?

For me since I am pretty clueless of anything happening prior 1999 and since I have been competing until 2007, I really couldn't say. OR if I say anything, people will answer that I am just not being objective.

I am wondering though, why does Bushwackers come up so often on the list? Were their wins always a surprise?

The Bushwackers were at that time a controversial prodigy of a drum corps. Came up real quick through extremely hard work and a willingness to overcome any obstacle put in front of us. The Bushwackers were also outside of the box so to speak in a way that was very different from the rest of DCA. As a matter of fact there was a great deal of diversity in DCA in those years which made for some very exciting times.

all i'm gonna say is..........the cabs can't win every dca finals. other corps are good to. we all think we're the best but i'll say this. most times when a corps is good in all captions and it's within a point in those capstions the one that takes high percussion wins. it's been that way forever. high horns dosen't mean you win. high GE dosen't mean you win. a combination of very high captions and high percussion usually gives you a win.

the Thurston theory. drum guys will give up a spread

The Bushwackers were at that time a controversial prodigy of a drum corps. Came up real quick through extremely hard work and a willingness to overcome any obstacle put in front of us. The Bushwackers were also outside of the box so to speak in a way that was very different from the rest of DCA. As a matter of fact there was a great deal of diversity in DCA in those years which made for some very exciting times.

Great plug :thumbup:

were? :smile: