Drum Line on the Oscars?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is BDEntertainment. That's just a guess and nothing else.

Definitely not BDE - no Dynasty drums.

Very probably, seeing as USC's film school and all is like a direct shoe-in to Hollywood practically.

That's my guess, I haven't paid attention to what their drum finish is lately.

I know it's definitely not RCC (marching band of Hollywood: was on Hell's Kitchen a few weeks ago).

Some of those guys looked to old to be from USC.

Personally, I think they held auditions in advance for rudimental drummers & could be a huge mixture of BD, SCV, Renegades, Imuplse, VK et al

Could be, but that was a pseudo-custom finish from Yamaha. Technically I think it's now a "standard" finish option, i.e. not one you have to pay a ton extra for, but it's not like it was a stock black or bush silver finish or something 'easy' for Yamaha to send. I would bet that it was definitely some organization based on the black/silver sparkle fade (or was it a burst: I don't remember) finish. Perhaps it was "sponsored" by an organization with ringers mixed it. But I would think if they held auditions for that high profile of a gig we would've heard about it on here long before now.

I'm doubting they'd bother with an audition process. They'd bring in an existing and known entity that has done this kind of thing before, like USC.