DCA Finals Recaps for the 70"s

Oh would love to see Westshores execution scores for 1975 Prelims. Half the horn line was out of step with the rest of the corps for about 32-64 counts the start of the second number due to DM error. Score comparisions between the judges on either side might be a hoot.

Related question - did any RCA/ICA captions ever survive. RCA/DCA comparisions for corps in both circuits would be interesting.

i think the Jodeen poop books had the last few years of the decade, but i can't seem to find my copies

I would love to see 1975 prelims...

I was there. That was my last year marching. It's just so.....funny/amazing how much 1975 is talked about here on DCP. Actually, '72, '73, '74, and '75 are frequently mentioned. Was that era some kind of sweet spot in the history of drum corps? I know it certainly was transitional--from Sousa to Stravinsky as it has been said. Folks, help me/us out here, I don't want to be maudlin all by myself!!

What was the magic woven into those days?

things tend to be cyclical... 72 to 75 saw better post war times... guys willing to play senior corps that had been "distracted" by some little game called "viet nam"... recruiting seemed easier those years...

they were also transitional product wise... being able to play the show "in your face", the doing away with squads of 3 or 4... GIRLS back in senior corps after a decade of absence... much more enjoyable bus rides... yes, it was a special time...

things tend to be cyclical... 72 to 75 saw better post war times... guys willing to play senior corps that had been "distracted" by some little game called "viet nam"... recruiting seemed easier those years...

they were also transitional product wise... being able to play the show "in your face", the doing away with squads of 3 or 4... GIRLS back in senior corps after a decade of absence... much more enjoyable bus rides... yes, it was a special time...

And "some" of us fresh-faced 22 year olds were able to sneak in a year of DCI, in 1974, following our tour of Viet-Nam! :laughing: ( I didn't look a DAY over 18) LOL!

Did Hairbear just join Ron Allard in admitting he marched "slightly" over aged? 1974 DCI Ithaca - great time, wonderful show - I was in front of the TV cameras that week...

Edited by TomPeashey