Voting begins!

Going for a non top 6 corps in the countdown. So i voted Every Glassmen show that was on the list and some other random shows.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really consider myself a huge Cavies fan, but I ended up voting for all of their shows. Maybe I'm trying to tell myself something?

C'mon, man. Do you REALLY think they don't want your support? You, personally? They want (and need) a lot of support. So, they take a poll, they find out that a decent number of people would rather see and hear better quality video and audio than those who would rather see older shows, so they provide a program accordingly.

My bet is that the "average" Countdown theater attendee doesn't own the really old "classic" stuff, and is more interested in seeing video that looks more modern. Sorta like HBO gets more viewers than the old Turner Classic Movie channel.

It's really not about "you." It's about DCI trying to appeal to the largest potential audience who might attend a mid-week movie theater show.

One thing we agree upon: Best of luck, DCI. Best of luck trying to be all things to all people. Obviously you've failed jj.

Nah, man. They don't want people who like what I like, I guess or they'd try to show that too. I'd be happier with stuff '84 to present. I know the '70s stuff didn't work very well on the big screen, but '89 Vanguard for instance, looks pretty good in the theatre. The people I've brought like the older stuff just as much as the newer stuff. They really don't see the difference between a show from 1990 to 2001. These are not typical drum corps people, so it's just band to them.

I just feel a little put off by not throwing a bone to the people who would also like to see some older shows too. I like the idea of showing Prelims '98 Cadets, for instance... Showing something different would be nice.

Edited by jjeffeory

heres my list

08 blue devils

08 phantom regiment

08 crown

07 blue devils

07 crown

06 blue devils

05 madison scouts

05 cadets

05 blue devils

04 blue devils