It changed my life...

Many people say that being in a drum corps changed their lives, and I would agree. It's one of the few experiences that I can without hesitation say transformed me and made me a different person than I would otherwise have been. The only other experiences that have impacted me this way are going on Semester at Sea as a college student and having my kids.

So, just curious... What other experiences have changed you as deeply as drum corps did?

Edited by LoveKathyG

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unmedicated childbirth. (yes, by choice. If anyone really wants to know why or other details they can PM me.) I would also say that working in a Waldorf school as a music educator has changed me much more than drum corps did. But drum corps taught me many things that are integral to how I tackle life, and I will always be grateful for that.

Seeing my 5 year old brother lying in recovery with tubes and wires all over him and a bandage covering his head after surgery on his brain for tumors that they couldn't take out.

The birth of my sons.

Joining the Royal Coachmen and also the Rochester Crusaders.

My student labor job as an undergrad at UConn and subsequently the Master's Program it made me pursue and getting my master's full time (an hour away from home) while working and/or interning full time.

Thankfully I graduate in May :angry:

Oh yeah that included a summer where I did senior corps on the weekends while taking class for 12 weeks. talk about having no time for homework

Edited by vbc33

I suppose drum corps really whet my appetite for seeing the world and life on the road. After graduating college and several years in the work force, I took a few major backpacking trips- first down the coast of West Africa, then overland from Hong Kong, thru Tibet, Nepal, India, Southeast Asia, Indonesia and Australia. Even though I travelled light, I always made room for a beat-up old horn in my backpack - so I can legitmately say I've played on six continents.