Brigsnews 2009

Good to hear about the Red Team! Good Luck from Spectrum!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GET IT BRIGS!!! GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND :)

I also wanted to say I am glad it was only a rumor. To support what Alan said, we need everyone in this activity. Best of luck in your preperations Brigadiers, for the 2009 competitive season.

I would like to put an end to the numerous rumors going around out there and clarify a few issues. The Brigadiers are not folding or merging or any one of several other potential scenarios I have heard these past few days. I agree Fran in that I am not sure as too why these type of things start, or why there are those out there who propagate them.

I normally do not post to the extent I am about too: but numerous calls this weekend from a variety of folks have made it clear that the record needs to be set straight.

Here are the facts:

Our Brass line is playing the new charts extremely well and is excited with the variety of these arrangements. Being the largest section of any corps.....we do need an additional 8 to 10 brass players. That is nothing new for spring time in our activity.

Our Battery and Front Ensemble are the strongest we have had in several years. We could benefit from 3 - 5 additional percussionist but these sections are our indeed our strength to date over the winter. Kudos to our Front Ensemble Supervisor Robyn Launt and her students at Onondaga Community College and East Syracuse Minoa High School on their Championship performance at the NY State Percussion Circuit.

We will also be holding our Color Guard auditions this weekend. We are proud of the several area guards that did so well this past winter season, Spectrum, CNS (WGI Champions), Phoenix, Central Square and numerous others who are taught by or have performers associated with the Brigadier family.

All elements of our corps have strong ties to the area's scholastic programs, and we are proud to promote the performance arts beyond our summer competitive season.

The reality is that we....as is just about every corps out there...are doing our best to deal with one of the most challenging times in our activity. The economic conditions around the country that are taking there toll on personal lives and this activity. Members who once had the ability to rehearse and compete on a weekend are now faced with realities of needing a second job, or one that requires them work versus performing. High School & College students are also faced with this challenge to afford their schooling and personal transportation needs. This is not just a Brigs issue.......every corps is facing this regardless of any hype or PR.

At the Brigadiers we have reduced our tuition to $200 and implemented several fundraising activities to supplement the expenses associated with marching. We are sponsoring 4 DCA shows and 1 exhibition performance across the NY State Thruway to reduce our travel expenses and those of our area competitors, and to also promote our activity to the local community.

We have a top notch staff and excellent facilities for our camps. We welcome and encourage those who would like to part of the Brigadier experience to come by Canastota High School this weekend.

I would also like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers for our dear colleague and Assistant Director Bruce McCready. His family has provided a website that posts the latest information on his condition. Our entire Brigs family....as I am sure the entire community will continue to pray for Bruce during this difficult time.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/brucemccready

Thank you for your support.

BUMP

Finally is right!! I'm glad you're coming, we're going to have GORGEOUS weather! :worthy:

GO BRIGS!

Yeah yeah. I've been going through Brigs withdraw like crazy. I miss my contra :worthy: